Announcement: WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6
By uwes on Aug 14, 2013
On August 14th, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6.
Oracle WebLogic Server on Oracle Database Appliance 2.6 provides:
- Highly available WebLogic Server with two, four or eight node cluster options that provide the foundation for customers to build and deploy enterprise Java EE applications with support for new features in WebLogic 11g (10.3.6) and 12c (12.1.1).
- Simple, reliable, affordable platform for deploying end-to-end solutions leveraging not only Oracle Database Real Application Clusters, but also WebLogic and the software load balancer for customers’ Java EE and Database investments.
The following new features are included in this new release:
- WebLogic on ODA 2.6 is fully certified with Oracle Database Appliance X3-2 hardware
- Oracle Traffic Director becomes optional during provisioning process
- User input the licensed core count, provisioning then it creates pools on the compute nodes and configure Traffic Director and WebLogic Server VMs to use the pools.
- Silent provisioning support
- Oracle Traffic Director 188.8.131.52 template for the load balancer tier
Please check out the white paper, how to, FAQ, etc for more informatio on: www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/weblogic-oda/overview/index.html
The installation templates for WebLogic on the latest ODA
hardware, X3-2, now available on OTN: