Announcement Oracle Solaris 11.1 Availability!
By uwes on Oct 26, 2012
On 25th of October Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Solaris 11.1.
- 8x faster database startup and shutdown and online resizing of the database SGA with a new optimized shared memory interface between the database and Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Up to 20% throughput increases for Oracle Real Application Clusters by offloading lock management into the Oracle Solaris kernel
- Expanded support for Software Defined Networks (SDN) with Edge Virtual Bridging enhancements to maximize network resource utilization and manage bandwidth in cloud environments
- 4x faster Solaris Zone
updates with parallel operations shorten
- New built-in memory predictor monitors application memory use and provides optimized memory page sizes and resource location to speed overall application performance.
More information could be found under the following links:
- Oracle Solaris 11.1 Data Sheet
- What's New in Oracle Solaris 11.1
- Oracle Solaris 11.1 FAQs
- Oracle.com Oracle Solaris page
- Oracle Technology Network Oracle Solaris page
Resources for downloading:
Existing customers can quickly and simply update
using the network based repository
Learn more ...
for the the online web event "Oracle Solaris 11
Innovations for your Data Center" on November 7,