Latest OpenSPARC T1 and T2 Releases
By dwayne on Jun 05, 2008
OpenSPARC T2 version 1.1 was just released. New Features in release 1.1 include:
- Included Network Interface Unit (NIU) source code in the distribution.
- OpenSPARC T2 System-on-chip (SoC) micro-architecture document has a new chapter on NIU. The document now is also divided in two volumes to reduce the size of the each book.
- Verification and synthesis are now supported on x64 hardware platform running on GNU kernel Linux 2.6 and above
- Simulation environment now also supports Cadence NC-Verilog simulator. It is still required to have Synopsys Vera for the testbench components written in Vera language.
- SPARC Architecture Model (SAM) now supports Solaris operating system running on x64 hardware platform
- SAM has new user interface for better usability and more functionality
- Fix Open Boot PROM (OBP) build script for niagara1-hw and niagara2-hw platforms
Released on May 10, was version 1.6 of OpenSPARC T1. New Features in the release 1.6 are:
- T1 core supports single- and four-thread options on FPGAs
- Reference designs boot OpenSolaris on single- or four-thread mode
- Xilinx Virtex-5 technology support
- Networking (ftp, telnet) support
[ T: OpenSPARC ]