Day 0: Montreal, Quebec: The Beginning
By Duleepa Wijayawardhana on Mar 25, 2009
We now have a mascot courtesy of our wonderful cartoonist based out of the UK and that's pretty much what I look like: a backpack, a sign but hopefully not stuck somewhere along the way. In most universities, I'll give an introduction to MySQL, but I'll be happy to chat about anything technical as well. We will see how it goes.
Again, if you are in any of the places I am about to visit, I would love to meet/chat with you!
But first, what does a dolphin pack into a backpack for two months of MySQL-related touring?
- Two computers, a mac and Ubuntu, you never know when you'll need it.
- USB key with different versions of MySQL. I might need to MacGyver some database at some point.
- Multiple geek t-shirts. I don't want to be mistaken for a normal individual.
- Phone numbers to Kaj and Giuseppe. Fully intend to get students to drunk dial them from various campuses ;)
- A Newfoundland - Canadian - US English Dictionary so that I can translate my colonial ways to get myself through without harm on Greyhound.
Hmmm forgotten anything?
First stop: Kingston, Ontario and Queen's University. I'll be travelling there by train from Montreal.