DSEE 6.2 Sun Alert - Database integrity issues
By klemay on Apr 16, 2008
Please see the above link for the official Sun Alert document. The below information is provided for quick reference only.
For additional details please also see previous blog entry on this topic: http://blogs.sun.com/dsee/entry/directory_server_6_2_database
|Title:||Sun Java System Directory Server 6.2 Database integrity may be compromised|
|Copyright Notice:||Copyright © 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved|
|Update Date:||Mon Apr 14 00:00:00 MDT 2008|
Solution Type Sun Alert
Solution 235361 : Sun Java System Directory Server 6.2 Database integrity may be compromised
Bug ID: 6642430
Product: Sun Java System Directory Server 6.2, Enterprise Edition
Date of Resolved Release: 14-Apr-2008
SA Document Body: Sun Java System Directory Server 6.2 Database integrity may be compromised
1. ImpactA race condition may cause database pages for Sun Java System Directory Server to not sync to disk, resulting in possible Directory Server Database integrity issues. Depending on which pages are affected, the impact may vary.
2. Contributing FactorsThis issue can occur in the following releases for all platforms (Solaris 8, 9, and 10 SPARC and x86 Platforms, Linux, Windows, HP-UX):
- Sun Java System Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.2
To determine if the Directory Server running on a system is affected, the following command can be used:
$ dsadm -V
If the output contains the version string 6.2, the system is affected.
3. SymptomsDepending on which database page is affected and which operation tries to access it, the resulting error messages can be different, but in the most frequent cases a message similar to the following is logged:
DEBUG - conn=-1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - libdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
4. WorkaroundThere is no workaround for this issue. Please see the Resolution section below.
5. ResolutionThis issue is addressed in the following releases: (please see blog entry http://blogs.sun.com/dsee/entry/dsee_6_3_released for more details)
DSEE 6.3 Native Package Versions:
- Solaris 9 and 10 with SPARC patch 125276-07 or later
- Solaris 9 x86 with patch 125277-07 or later
- Solaris 10 x86 and x64 with patch 125278-07 or later
- Linux with patch 125309-07 or later
- Windows with patch 125311-07 or later
- Solaris 9 and 10 with SPARC patch 126748-04 or later
- Solaris 9 x86 with patch 126749-04 or later
- Solaris 10 x86 and x64 with patch 126750-04 or later
- Linux with patch 126751-04 or later
- Windows with patch 126753-04 or later
- HP-UX with patch 126752-04 or later
Copyright 2000-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.