Welcome to Docs new Blog
By Susan Kober on May 19, 2009
You have been redirected to our new site, which reflects some of the many changes we have made at docs.sun.com over the past 5 months! We have been busy making docs.sun.com your resource for Sun Documentation.
Just a few months ago (December 2008) we had the release of Docs 4.3.0. This release is the culmination of work to up-date Docs.sun.com to a look and feel that is in-keeping with Sun.com, and make it a more useful and engaging experience for our users.
There are two main aspects to this:
1. The homepage is now hosted in Starlight.
2. The content behind the homepage is now presented using WxD global asset components.
The end result is a massively improved user experience, and a new publishing model for the homepage. Take a look: http://docs.sun.com
In March 2009 Docs.sun.com release 4.3.1 was successfully deployed.
Key deliverables for this release include the following:
1) Support publications and display for Hugarian, Dutch and Polish books.
2) Publication of Rich Media contents.
3) Return of the Search within Collection function.
4) Added API method to return product nodes & UUIDs for a specified collection or book.
5) Publication CLI to ask for confirmation when doing assignments to products already have contents to ensure no accidental overwritten of existing assignments.
6) Add product names to RSS feed links to make it clear to users what product feeds they are selecting.
In late April 2009 Docs.sun.com release 4.3.2 was successfully deployed.
This release covered a few WxD changes including:
1) Reinstated "expand/collapse all" features on XML book TOCs with a click to the icon.
3) Fixed page layout for old documentations with large images which cause fixed width content area to expand beyond the horizontal page width.
4) Reinstated #hic function on the product trees which brought users directly to the product node they selected without any browser scrolling.
We will continue to work on improvements and enhancements at docs.sun.com as we march forward...and of course we welcome your feedback, suggestions always.