Service Delivery Tools Suite
By Susan Kober on Apr 22, 2008
On April 8th, 2008 the Proactive Services Team led by Felix Fraters announced the roadmap for the Service Delivery Tools Suite, which is the answer to proactive / reactive service delivery to our connected as well as disconnected customers. The long term plans' to tentatively occur in Q3/FY09 – Q4FY09, most substantial element are the components of C2S2 (Contained Customer Support Suite).What is C2S2?
- A product suite developed by support services to assist the contained customer and Sun-badged personnel acting as an on-site support staff perform proactive as well as reactive service delivery.
- Provides these disconnected customers and staff with critical functionality that is readily available to the connected customer with network connectivity outside of their own four-walls.
- Enables a one-stop solution which complies to the customer's own security constraints.
- Provides internal knowledge store and tools to adequately support systems and software.
- No external network connectivity back to Sun.
- No outbound transference of digital media
- Inbound transference of digital media is highly controlled physical process (sneaker-net)
- Internally networks of varying security levels are supported and maintained seperately.
- Enormous number of Sun servers supported in these environments.
- Security is paramount to protect the information contained on these mission systems. What are the elements of C2S2?
- Management Center
- Product Telemetry Processing
- Support Knowledge Store
- Entitlement Reporting We are taking Sun to the customer in C2S2!
What makes a disconnected customer disconnected?
There are varying degrees of disconnected, some of the properties are: