By Susan Kober on Dec 03, 2008
We are very proud to announce the release of the updated docs.sun.com documentation website!
Based upon feedback we received from a Usability Study, plus additional comments and requests from our customer base; our Engineers at Docs.sun.com began the process of redesigning the site to include a new look and improved functionality.
Key features are:
- Alignment to Sun's webdesign component library yielding more reliable and consistent page rendering across varied browsers/platforms.
- Cleaner, less cluttered design, stronger grouping of related content.
- Removed old, relatively unused links from the Homepage.
- Injection of color.
Search Engine Optimization
- New Google(tm) powered search system.
- Removal of the redundant (and confusing for some users) search box in the page header.
- More metadata allow search engines to show what each page is about in result lists.
- Additional advanced search controls will be added over the next few months.
- Ability for a user to see all documents for a product at once on the new Product Home Pages (Example: The Product Homepage for the M8000 Server- http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/prod/sparc.m8k?a=view).
- Featured/current products are a single click away using the flyout menu bar on the Homepage without requiring navigating through the entire Browse Product hierarchy.
- Meaningful breadcrumb trails during navigation make moving around the product hierarchy easier.
Localization (language switching)
- Language selection controls are now always available on any page.
- Please note that full translation is not yet complete, as of today, but will be in approximately 10 days.
We invite you to visit docs.sun.com and experience these improvements for yourself. We also encourage you to submit feedback and let us know what you think. It is always our first priority to provide an excellent service and your feedback directs us!Thank you!