Hibernate Framework support in NetBeans 6.1
By Dongmei Cao on Apr 30, 2008
- Hibernate is available as one of the supported frameworks in the New Web Application wizard
- Bundled Hibernate 3.2.5 library. The library is automatically added to the project when Hibernate framework is selected.
- Wizards for creating Hibernate configuration files and mapping files
- Visual editor for Hibernate configuration files
- Code completion
- Auto-completion of Java class names, Java class fields, database table names and column names when editing Hibernate mapping files
- Auto-completion of Hibernate property names and values (when possible) when eidting Hibernate configuration files
- Hyperlink support to let the user navigate
- From the configuration file to the mapping files
- From the Hibernate mapping files to the referenced Java classes.
- Refactoring of Java classes and fields (find usages, rename, move) modifies the Hibernate mapping files properly.
Here is the tutorial on the NetBeans wiki to show you how to create a Visual Web project using Hibernate as the persistence layer.