One of the new features in NetBeans 6.1 is the Hibernate Framework support. The plugin is now available on the Beta Update Center for NetBeans 6.1.
The new plugin supports the following features:
- Hibernate is available as one of the supported frameworks in the New Web Application wizard
- Bundled Hibernate 3.2.5 library. The library is automatically added to the project when Hibernate framework is selected.
- Wizards for creating Hibernate configuration files and mapping files
- Visual editor for Hibernate configuration files
- Code completion
- Auto-completion of Java class names, Java class fields,
database table names and column names when editing Hibernate mapping
- Auto-completion of Hibernate property names and values (when possible) when eidting Hibernate configuration files
- Hyperlink support to let the user navigate
- From the configuration file to the mapping files
- From the Hibernate mapping files to the referenced Java classes.
- Refactoring of Java classes and fields (find usages, rename, move) modifies the Hibernate mapping files properly.
Here are a few screen shots
to show you what we have.
Here is the tutorial on the NetBeans wiki to show you how to create a Visual Web project using Hibernate as the persistence layer.