I am asked at least once a month for the location of various Documaker documentation, manuals, guides, marketing materials, and white papers so I figured it was about time to consolidate some of this information into a single place that I can reference. I will update this post periodically when I have new information to add, so bookmark it if you're so inclined.
Production Documentation - these are base product materials:
- Documaker Documentation Library for 12.6, 12.5, 12.4, 12.3, 12.2.1, 12.1, 12.0, 11.5, 11.4, 11.3, and 11.2.
- Oracle Insurance Documentation library (includes all Oracle Insurance products such as Documaker, Documanage, Documerge, OIPA, Docuflex, OHI, Data Exchange, and more)
- The documentation library for each version generally includes all the base product READMEs, Release Notes, System Requirements, User Guides, Administrator Guides, Installation Guides, and other information for the specific flavors of Documaker (Enterprise/Standard) and other components (Mobile, Studio, Transall, Docupresentment, EWPS, DWS, iPPS, iDocumaker, WIPedit, Docucreate, and more) if available in that release.
- For newer versions of Documaker, there are also tutorials and samples, such as sample Resource Libraries for use with Documaker Standard, iPPS, and Mobile (the sample resource library for Enterprise Edition is incorporated in the installer for that product). Tutorials are included for Silanis e-Signature, Documaker Add-In for Microsoft Word, Documaker Mobile, and the Documaker contracts use case. Also included are some database scripts that can be used for cleaning up Documaker Enterprise databases.
- For newer versions of Documaker there are also Help systems for various Documaker applications (Interactive: Correspondence, Dashboard, Administrator) as well as reference materials for DAL Scripting, INI files, internal file formats, and Rules, Troubleshooting guide, and a Documaker Utilities reference.
- Lifetime Support Policy - Are you unsure of the support model for your particular version of Documaker? If you have paid for support, you are entitled to receive the level of support provided by Oracle Support that corresponds to your version of the software. Oracle reserves the right to change the support model for a particular version of software as it ages, so you need to be apprised of the support offered on particular versions of Documaker software. You can find this information here, and you can reference the support policies here. Oracle's goal is to offer competitive TCO, so the support lifetime for older versions of Documaker (as well as legacy Docucorp/Image Sciences/Skywire Software components) is comparatively lengthy.
Additionally, these materials are available:
- Documaker Enterprise/Standard comparison (Executive Briefing)
- Documaker Enterprise Features (Executive Briefing)
- Documaker Enterprise Data Sheet
- Documaker Mobile Data Sheet (Documaker Mobile enables responsive HTML5 output from Documaker)
- Documaker Enterprise Highlights Video
- Digital Transformation White Paper
- Building an Agile Communication Strategy White Paper
- Publishing Trends in Insurance White Paper
- The Digital Experience Your Customers Expect - Live Presentation on Documaker Enterprise/Mobile given by Oracle's Director of Strategy for document publishing at the July 2015 customer meeting.
- Other materials are available here.
If there is information you'd like to see added here, let me know in the comments section.