By docteger on Apr 21, 2008
Just a few reminders to start your Monday morning:
- CommunityOne is coming on May 5, 2008. This FREE open-source conference is piggy-fronted on the Monday before JavaOne begins. There are many, many workshops and sessions to choose from. Those that might interest users of OpenSSO include:
- Getting Started with OpenDS
- Glassfish Status and Roadmap
- A full day of sessions on NetBeans
- Building a Web-Scale Open Source High-Performance Computing Stack
- and of course our very own SuperPat has an OpenSSO workshop scheduled with Daniel Raskin and Nick Wooler called Creating Federated Relationships with Software as a Service, Social Networking, and Web 2.0 Applcations
- Second Life is a three-dimensional virtual world. Sun Microsystems now has a few islands in Second Life and are planning a big employee party on April 29. (Sorry non-Sun employees. The party though is only on one of Sun's islands; the other islands are open to all.) I'm not a gamer so I don't usually play around with these types of things but I am attending the employee party. I've already created my avatar - which took forever to finish and looks as much like me as a cartoon character can. Sun employees only can check out the internal web site but everyone can follow along at the external virtual worlds blog.
- And to turn this couplet into a triumverate, here's a video of Three Dog Night singing Out in the Country. Sad how relevant this song is today, almost forty years after it was initially written.