Fedlet or Policy Agent? AND BARACK!
By docteger on Jan 20, 2009
Rajeev Angal wrote an interesting answer in an email when asked the question What is the advantage of using the Fedlet versus installing a policy agent on the partner website? I thought the information was worth double-dipping. A Fedlet allows you to:
- Use SAMLv2 standards to accomplish single sign-on - keeping the partner domains separate.
- Add privacy and security characteristics to the deployment involving loose coupling between the partner domains.
- Integrate with an existing application that already has session management.
- The two domains are owned by the same business.
- You want session and related services (user profile, configuration etc) to be accessible from the partner domain.
- Access between the agent in one domain and the OpenSSO server on the other is secure.