OpenSSO Configuration Problems? Ask Helen Reddy
By docteger on Jul 30, 2008
Here are some troubleshooting techniques for some configuration problems that might be encountered when deploying OpenSSO.
- When using Glassfish, you might see an error that reads something like:
Port 3700 is being usedIf so, try this procedure.
jpson the command line.
- Kill any processes that are displayed as
- Start the Glassfish domain using the
asadmincommand line tool.
- When redeploying the OpenSSO WAR, you might see this message when running the configurator for the redeployed WAR.
Service already exists : iPlanetAMAuthSafeWordService , 1.0If so, it is possible the previously deployed instance of OpenSSO did not shutdown correctly. This command:
netstat -a | grep 389can be run on the command line to check whether the OpenDS port is still up. If it is, try this procedure:
- Shutdown your web container.
- Remove the base directory from the previously installed instance.
- Restart the web container.
netstatto check if the OpenDS port is still up.
- Assuming no, execute the configurator.