By dlacher on Mar 13, 2008
First impressions of the Bigelow Day Pack:
- side load as well as top load the main compartment
- built in rain cover
- small strap above the water bladder compartment to help the bladder up even as it becomes empty
- nice cross tightening straps to keep the load tight and secure (load should be minimal for a day hike, but could be use if I can find out how to use this for a short multi day, or multi day pack for my wife when I carry my full pack)
- nice venting in the back panel
- full waist belt for load control
- top lid even in a day pack
- big back and side stack pockets for the times you don't want to get into the main compartment
- two large mess pockets
- weight... there are lighter day packs on the market
- undecided observations
- small stack pocket in the waist belt
Time to hit the trails...
For what it's worth.