By dlacher on Oct 23, 2007
- fall color in late October is far superior to that of mid November (duh)
- we hike it the opposite direction 10 then 8, make the 10 mile day seems a lot easier
- deadmans hill at the end of day two is daunting, only took 7 minutes to climb with full gear strapped on
- weather was wonderful, 50s at night, 70s during the day
- ponds below dead man's hill are a great place for the dog to swing and play fetch while you soak in the views
- tons of day hikers on the short loop on Sunday
- same feeling of having the back country to yourself, very few full loop hikers
- extra energy at the end of day one lead at least 3 miles of day hikes after the 10 mile hike in
Well, closed down backpacking for the season. My main hiking buddy is off on a mission trip to Haiti and we should have our second child coming along at the end of November.
For what it's worth.
Update: Pictures from the hike, mostly of the color.