Sun HPC ClusterTools 8.0
By dlacher on Sep 04, 2008
Sun HPC ClusterTools 8.0 is based on Open MPI 1.3 and it is the first release of ClusterTools to include support for Linux platforms as well as Solaris. It also provides support for MPI application profiling with Sun Studio Performance Analyzer (available in Studio Express 7/2008). MPI is the dominant programming paradigm for cluster applications in High Performance Computing (HPC), and HPC ClusterTools provides a production-quality MPI -- supported by Sun -- which is crucial to today's compute-intensive HPC workloads.
Key features of HPC ClusterTools 8.0 include:
- Support for Linux (RHEL 4&5, SLES 9&10), Solaris 10, OpenSolaris
- Support for Sun Studio compilers and tools and GNU/gcc toolchains on both Solaris and Linux OSs
- MPI profiling support with Sun Studio Analyzer, plus support for VampirTrace and MPI PERUSE
- Infiniband multi-rail support
- Mellanox ConnectX Infiniband support
- DTrace provider support on Solaris
- Enhanced performance and scalability, including processor affinity support
- Support for InfiniBand, GbE, 10GbE, and Myrinet interconnects
- Plug-ins for Sun Grid Engine (SGE) and Portable Batch System (PBS)
- Full MPI-2 standard compliance, including MPI I/O and one sided communication
For what it's worth.