Table Component Sample Project
By divas on Jun 15, 2006
After all these months, I am finally making progress on the tutorial for the Table component. It might be a long time before I document all the steps and get the tutorial through quality assurance, editorial, and production processes. So, for those who can learn by examining code, I have decided to post the project that you build by completing the tutorial.
Here are some of the project's features:
- Gets the data from an ObjectListDataProvider
- Has dropdown lists, checkboxes, and buttons in the table
- Has input fields that are not associated with the underlying data provider, so the input needs to be stored separately
- Calculates totals from the selected table rows
- Has dynamic footer information
Of course, everything I learned, I learned from Winston. He has posted lots of good Table component tips in his blog, so be sure to go there for advanced Table component information.
You can download the project zip from here.