Ok, so we've been tagged. If you don't know what it means to be tagged, please read
James Branam's most excellent description of Internet
tagging. Here are five things about us that we haven't previously shared:
- Gail's first real job out of college was working as a journalist on a small-town paper. She covered the school and police beats. Chris did it backwards. She didn't graduate until she was fifty. Her first job at 15 was doing the payroll in her family's swimming pool business.
- Gail confesses to being a John Grisham fan and is currently reading his latest book The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town. Amazingly coincidental, Chris has the same book on her MP3 player and is listening to it during her noon walks.
- Gail swam in a fjord in Norway. The water was darn cold. Chris looks forward to swimming with the turtles in Kiholo bay, which she will be doing on a regular basis starting next week.
- Gail has written to the same penpal in Germany for more than 35 years. Chris rode on a train through Germany.
- Gail has visited every major alligator farm in the United States and has seen all 25 living species of crocodiles and alligators.
Chris used to live without phone or electricity in a log cabin one mile off a dirt road.
And while we're at it, we might as well fess up to the fact that we're wearing wigs in our picture on the
Java Studio Creator Blogs page.
We hereby tag the following people: Jennifer Ball, David Botterill,
John 'JB' Brock, Joseph Silber, and Marina Sum
Note: A little investigating shows that we came into this game on the tail end.
As of 1/10/07, a search on blogs.sun.com for "5 things" turns up 2,150 results.
There are 2,781 blogs. Of course, not all of the search results are related to
this meme, but there are probably also entries in this game that don't have
"5 things" in the title. We can assume that this virus is spreading even
faster than the Norovirus that wiped me out last week. Climbing up through the
ancestor tree, I discovered that the closest common ancestor we have with
Jonathan Schwartz is Tim Bray.