Monday Feb 21, 2011
Thursday Aug 26, 2010
By nwooler on Aug 26, 2010
On Thursday, August 26. We are hosting a webcast that will take you through the solution and talk about why we believe this will simplify Access Management. Please join us as F5 and Oracle product experts explain this simple solution.
Title: Live Webcast: Streamline Access Management with F5 & Oracle
When: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 10:00 a.m. PT or 1:00 p.m. ET
Where: Register for this live webcast here: Streamline Access Management with F5 & Oracle
Tuesday Aug 17, 2010
By nwooler on Aug 17, 2010
Identity compliance projects don't have to be hard! The key to any successful project in IT is delivering value to the business quickly! It is critical to then leverage those early wins into larger wins for the organization. When I used to coach I likened this to walking up a staircase. McKinsey used the analogy to describe the approach successful companies took to manage successful growth. (take a look here)
Oracle Identity Analytics provides a set of tools that can help organizations take the first step up that staircase to Compliance quickly. The approach allows organizations to show value quickly and then build upon those early wins to build better security into the organization. This webcast tomorrow will give insight into how organizations can build in proper segregation of duties, 360 degree review's and proper attestation of roles. One customer of the product used to print out a conference room of paper and had his compliance auditors and business managers review the roles and access rights to meet compliance. Imagine if you had the tools to ensure you could make this process easier. Register today and find out how.
Register Today Here:
|Customer Stories: Tackling Compliance Challenges with Oracle Identity Analytics|
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Wednesday Aug 11, 2010
By nwooler on Aug 11, 2010
The Zone Manager, also known as Brad Diggs, has written a comprehensive blog post (here) on how to get Directory Server Enterprise Edition from Oracle. As a strategic product, we released a new version of Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11gR1 which Brad also gives great instructions on how to download.
Tuesday Jul 20, 2010
By nwooler on Jul 20, 2010
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Time: 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET
Thursday Jun 10, 2010
By nwooler on Jun 10, 2010
Is your Identity Compliance project a GIANT Headache? If so, then we have the little blue pill for your compliance headache. The reason why many organizations experience pain in the compliance programs they run is because of the lack of automated tools, impact to productivity and lack of ongoing actionable information. I have seen this first hand. Organizations usually rely upon project managers and excel spreadsheets collect information from business units and project teams. This then leads to massive efforts to fill in information and send them back to the central team for documentation and reporting to the auditors. Ultimately, this information is old before it is collated into the binders and the report is issued. However, the real result is usually a GIANT HEADACHE for everyone involved.
As Identity theft outpaces any other theft and security challenges for organizations, the problem needs a more efficient solution with better processes and better tools. Business leaders will believe in investment when they can see better utilization of key resources, better on-going information, proven segregation of duties, and ultimately better security.
Niel Gandhi, has the "Advil" for your compliance headache with Oracle Identity Analytics. Register here for the FREE webinar on the ROI of using Identity Analytics. He is has years of experience solving these problems for organizations around the world. Additionally, he has extensive experience as Principal Product Manager, Identity Analytics. Here are a couple of the topics that he will cover in the event:
- Automate critical identity-based controls such as attestation and segregation of duties
- Analyze, mine, and correlate user roles for compliant and efficient user access
- Build comprehensive reports for audit, compliance, and business purposes
- Utilize business-friendly compliance dashboards and metrics
- Give a 360-degree view of user’s access and achieve rapid compliance
However, the ultimate goal of his presentation is to make sure you have concrete ways to help you solve your Compliance Headache without breaking the bank. Hope to see you there!
|Live Webcast: Maximize Compliance ROI With Oracle Identity Analytics|
Date: Thursday, June 24, 2010
Tuesday Apr 27, 2010
By nwooler on Apr 27, 2010
If you are a security expert and you have not been to the new Oracle Iron Man 2 website you have to take a look at the cool demo site listed under "Stark Expo". The intro has a great security questionnaire on Security in the cloud in an cutting edge interface. If you read yesterday's blog, and went to the Iron-Clad Cloud: Secure Cloud Computing article in the new Security Newsletter, you were able to get an insight into way's Oracle can help secure the cloud. You will also do well on the questionnaire at "Stark Expo".
Go Check it out!
In Iron Man 2, Oracle is a proud sponsor of Stark Expo, a world-class tradeshow that depends on a cloud computing architecture to ensure that all systems are free from overload. And that’s where you come in: by becoming a Master Cloud Operative, you’ll help keep Stark Expo up and running. Complete your training, test your troubleshooting skills, and get certified in the Oracle Pavilion.
Friday Apr 23, 2010
Friday Nov 13, 2009
By nwooler on Nov 13, 2009
Sun's Identity Management Suite provides a powerful package of solutions to help with storing identity information with Directory Server Enterprise Edition; managing authorization, federation and web services security with OpenSSO; providing provisioning solutions with Identity Manager; and, defining and managing role based access control with Role Manager.
Join this free Webinar to learn how Sun's identity management solutions can help your organization to:
- Automate management of digital identities for other providers, patients, physicians, clinicians, and payors Provide single sign-on (SSO) and secure federated access to privacy-regulated healthcare information while adhering to strict mandates
- Enable delegated, self-service password management
- Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), internal security policies, and corporate governance policies with complete auditing and reporting capabilities
Sun identity management solutions make it easier for healthcare organizations to manage and share digital information.
Saturday Jan 17, 2009
By nwooler on Jan 17, 2009
There is a great webinar being offered on Wednesday, Jan. 21 which you may have missed the announcement because of all the excitement about the Inauguration and Martin Luther King Holiday in the US. Daniel Raskin, Product Line Manager OpenSSO, and Jamie Nelson, Director of Engineering for OpenSSO, will be talking about the current release as well as the plans for the next release of OpenSSO Express. There are already 200 registrants and there is a cap at 250 so register now so you don't get left out!
The Directory crowd should be interested as well, because OpenDS is bundled with OpenSSO and is used as OpenSSO's policy store and can be leveraged as a user store as well. Here are the details:
Sun Software Webinar:
See how Sun's OpenSSO Enterprise provides a single solution for Web access management, federation, and Web services security.
Join Sun for a live webinar on one of today's most exciting aspects of identity management! During this session, we will discuss OpenSSO innovation and how it pushes access management, federation, and secure Web services capabilities to a new level. Learn how to solve challenges around these capabilities with a single solution.
Event: Access Management, Federation, and Secure Web Services with OpenSSO Enterprise
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Time: 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST
This webinar will be presented by Sun's OpenSSO experts: Daniel Raskin, the senior product line manager, and Jamie Nelson, the director of engineering.
We hope that you can join us!
If you have any questions or feedback, please send a message to SWI_Webinar_Inquiries@sun.com.
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sunday Apr 27, 2008
By klemay on Apr 27, 2008
Please see original security alert notification at http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-66-235381-1
|Title:||Security Vulnerability in Sun Java System Directory Proxy Server May Grant Unauthorized Administrative Access|
|Copyright Notice:||Copyright © 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved|
|Update Date:||Fri Apr 25 00:00:00 MDT 2008|
Solution Type Sun Alert
Solution 235381 : Security Vulnerability in Sun Java System Directory Proxy Server May Grant Unauthorized Administrative Access
Sun Java System Directory Server 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, Enterprise Edition
Date of Resolved Release
SA Document Body
Security Vulnerability in Sun Java System Directory Proxy Server May Grant Unauthorized Administrative Access
1. ImpactA security vulnerability in the Sun Java System Directory Proxy Server may allow a remote unprivileged user to gain unauthorized administrative access to the server. This is caused by the server incorrectly classifying a connection based on the "bind-dn" criteria, resulting in an incorrect policy being applied.
2. Contributing FactorsThis issue can occur in the following releases for all platforms (Solaris 8, 9, and 10 SPARC and x86 Platforms, Linux, Windows, and HP-UX):
- Directory Server Enterprise Edition 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2
To determine if the Directory Server running on a system is affected, the following command can be used:
If the output contains the version string 6.0, 6.1 or 6.2, the system is affected by this issue.
3. SymptomsThere are no predictable symptoms that would indicate this issue has been exploited.
4. WorkaroundThere is no workaround for this issue. Please see the Resolution section below.
5. ResolutionThis issue is addressed in the following releases:
DSEE 6.3 Native Package Versions:
- Solaris 9 and 10 SPARC patch 125276-07 or later
- Solaris 9 x86 patch 125277-07 or later
- Solaris 10 x86 and x64 patch 125278-07 or later
- Linux patch 125309-07 or later
- Solaris 9 and 10 SPARC patch 126748-04 or later
- Solaris 9 x86 patch 126749-04 or later
- Solaris 10 x86 and x64 patch 126750-04 or later
- Linux patch 126751-04 or later
- Windows patch 126753-04 or later
- HP-UX patch 126752-04 or later
For more information on the upgrade process please see the following:
Directory Server 6.3 Release Notes are available at:
and the Directory Server 6.3 Installation Guide is available at:
For more information on Security Sun Alerts, see Technical Instruction ID 213557.
Copyright 2000-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc., 4150 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
This solution has no attachment
This blog provides information regarding Oracle Unified Directory and Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition products. Use this blog to get the latest breaking information regarding releases and updates plus other technical and non-technical information.
- Oracle Unified Directory 11gR2PS3 Just Released !
- Willing to extend OUD functionalities?
- Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) to Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) Upgrade and Co-existence
- Why Customers Should Upgrade Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) to Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)
- Bundle Patch for ODSEE 126.96.36.199.2 Released
- Happy New Year !
- Thanks for attending Oracle Open World 2014
- Directory Services @ Oracle Open World 2014
- Bundle Patch for OUD 188.8.131.52.1 Released !
- Transition project from Sun DSEE 6 to OUD