By Etienne Remillon on Nov 17, 2009
Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 just released.
The 7.0 release is a new version for Directory Server Enterprise Edition.
Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 allows companies to grow faster and easier. The significant improvement in performance allows companies to accelerate their applications while reducing their total cost of ownership. Companies can reduce cost by improving serviceability with faster import times, new easy upgrade in place, and with the only solution in the market that gives customers a directory server, virtual directory, proxy server, web console and synchronization with Active Directory available all in one license.
This updated release
improves overall quality and robustness of deployments. Among other features, by downloading DSEE 7.0 you will get:
- Up to 3 time performance improvement
- In place upgrade from previous DSEE 6 versions
- Reduced disk space and memory footprint
- Optional Data compression
- Instant Restore capability
- Advanced tuning capability
- More use cases and increased performances with views through Directory Proxy Server virtual directory capabilities
- Improved control over traffic going through Directory Proxy Server
- New distribution algorithm with Directory Proxy Server
- Updated list of supported Operating Systems as well as IP v6 supported on all platforms
- Directory Service Control Center supported on broader list of application servers
Information on Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition are also available on: www.sun.com/dsee.
You can download Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 software from the following location:
The download page serves as a starting point to direct you to the proper downloads depending on the distribution type you need to download.
Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 is available in the following full distributions.
- ZIP Full distribution (Solaris, OpenSolaris, Red Hat, SuSE, HP-UX, Windows) - standalone delivery to install Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0. For upgrade from 6.x please refer to Installation Guide.
Identity Synchronization for Windows is not delivered in the Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 distribution and have to be selected from the download page: http://www.sun.com/software/products/directory_srvr_ee/get.jsp
Directory Server Enterprise Edition