By Etienne Remillon on Jul 29, 2010
Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11gR1 just released!
Like Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0, ODSEE 11g Release 1 allows companies to grow faster and easier. The significant improvement in performance overs previous releases allows companies to accelerate their applications while reducing their total cost of ownership. Companies can also reduce cost by improving serviceability with faster import times and smooth, in-place upgrade that reuses your existing data store. This complete solution provides a directory server, proxy server (for high availability and distribution of data and load) , web console and synchronization with Active Directory, all under one product (ODSEE) and licensed as part of Oracle Directory Services Plus.
ODSEE 11gR1 is a rebranded release of Sun Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7.0 and is equivalent to a patch release. It does not include new functionality but provides additional stability and security with the inclusion of many fixes that where previously released as patches and hot fixes.
This release also aligns the list of supported platforms with most other Oracle Fusion Middleware products. For details of the changes to supported platforms, see Platform Support, System Virtualization Support, and Operating System Requirements.
As part of the integration with other Oracle Fusion Middleware components:
- You can configure an Oracle Virtual Directory LDAP adaptor to work with ODSEE 11gR1. For more information, see “LDAP Adapter Templates” in the Administrator's Guide for Oracle Virtual Directory.
- ODSEE 11g Release 1 can also be synchronized with other directory servers by using the Oracle Directory Integration Platform. For more information see “Configuring Directory Synchronization” in the Administrator's Guide for Oracle Directory Integration Platform.
This updated release
improves the overall quality and robustness of deployments. Among other features and capabilities , by upgrading from DSEE 5.2 or 6.x you might benefit from:
- Up to 300% performance improvement
- In place upgrade from DSEE 6 and 7 (no need to export/import existing data)
- Reduced disk space and memory footprint
- Optional data compression
- Instant restore capabilities
- Advanced tuning capabilities
- Improved control over traffic going through Directory Proxy Server
- New distribution algorithm with Directory Proxy Server
- Updated list of supported Operating Systems, IP v6 supported on all platforms
- Directory Service Control Center supported on broader list of application servers
For more information please visite: