OpenDS 1.1.0-Build003 is now available
By nwooler on Dec 11, 2008
The OpenDS Team released the latest build of OpenDS which is 1.1.0 Build003. You can read his blog summarizing the release here. If you haven't tried the new console that provides tools to create, edit and manage users and schema in an OpenDS instance.
Here is a list of the major updates, which I borrowed from Ludo's blog.
- Revision 4591 (Issue #3571) - Adjust the Control Panel to reflect changes to the windows service configuration.
- Revision 4592 (Issue #3566) - Increase the timeout of the windows service and make it configurable.
- Revision 4593 (Issue #3564) - Fix a problem that caused make-ldif to fail with a "Permission denied" message.
- Revision 4594 (Issue #3569) - Amend the dsconfig command to handle multi-valued properties correctly.
- Revision 4595 (Issue #3567) - Various fixes to the persistent search mechanism.
- Revision 4598 (Issue #3580) - Fix a Java exception in the control panel when accessing cn=backup.
- Revision 4601 (Issue #3572) - Fix an issue where adding a local backend with dsconfig resulted in a number of erroneous messages printed to the error log.
- Revision 4602 (Issue #3582) - Fix a failure in the --revert option of the upgrade.
- Revision 4605 (Issue #3585) - Change the network group time/size limits to have no default value.
- Revision 4616 (Issue #3567) - Additional fixes to the persistent search mechanism.
- Revision 4621 (Issue #3587) - Refresh the index tab of the control panel after rebuilding indexes.
- Revision 4622 (Issue #3588) - Control Panel : make all Base DNs available for VLV index creation.
- Revision 4623 (Issue #3589) - Control Panel : fix an error raised at new vlv index creation.
- Revision 4632 (Issue #3596) - Control Panel : reset data fields when opening the New Base DN window.
- Revision 4633 (Issue #3599) - Control Panel : new schema object panels were not refreshed.
- Revision 4634 (Issue #3603) - Control Panel : the manage schema function included other files.
- Revision 4637 (Issue #3611) - Control Panel : fix an exception raised when refreshing the backups directory.
- Revision 4638 (Issue #3612) - Control Panel : fix the value of the "Java Home" variable in the "Java Settings" panel.
- Revision 4639 (Issue #3613) - Control Panel : fix incorrect output messages when deleting a subtree.
- Revision 4641 (Issue #3614) - Control Panel : fix restore failure when the available backup was a directory.
- Revision 4643 (Issue #3616) - Control Panel : add the missing --useSSL option.
- Revision 4645 (Issue #3620) - Control Panel : add the missing --noPropertiesFile option to the command-line equivalents.
- Revision 4647 - Add the standard schema files necessary for OpenSolaris LDAP naming services.
- Revision 4648 (Issue #3622) - Control Panel : change the object class sort to be case insensitive
- Revision 4649 (Issue #3622) - Control Panel : sort all the elements in the schema panels without taking case into account.
- Revision 4650 (Issue #3623) - Control Panel : refresh the Matching Rules used by the attributes panel.
- Revision 4652 (Issue #3618) - Control panel : View All Base DS's generated SEVERE ERRORS.
- Revision 4659 (Issue #3547) - Fix an issue that prevented persistent searches from being abandoned.
- Revision 4682 (Issue #3481) - Change the permissions on the password file generated by setup/quicksetup.
- Revision 4697 - Implement a new ACI bind rule keyword "ssf" that allows users to control the level of access based on the security level of the connection.
- Revision 4703 - Provide suppport for SMF for SVR4 packages.