ODSEE 11gR1 Patch Set 1 Released: Download and update today!
By Etienne Remillon on Jun 14, 2011
First Patch Set for Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11gR1 just released!
ODSEE 11g Release 1 Patch Set 1 (126.96.36.199.0) allows companies to grow faster and easier. The significant improvement in performance over previous Sun DSEE 5.2 and 6.x releases allows companies to accelerate their applications while reducing their total cost of ownership. Companies can also reduce cost through improved serviceability with faster import/export times and smooth, in-place upgrade that reuses your existing data store. This complete solution provides a directory server, proxy server (for high availability and distribution of data and load) , web console and synchronization with Active Directory, all under one product (ODSEE) and licensed as part of Oracle Directory Services Plus.
This release is a Patch Set to ODSEE 11gR1 and Sun DSEE 7.0. In addition to multiple fixes previously released as patches and hot fixes, ODSEE 11g Release 1 Patch Set 1 includes new features:
- Support for importing and exporting compressed files
- Fastest export capabilities
- Support for SASL authentication through GSSAPI on Linux
- New password hashing schemes
- Repack option for compacting an existing suffix
- New load-balancing algorithms for the proxy component
- Multiple new options for proxy server logs
- New Bind and Connection logs for proxy server
- Schema support for Oracle Fusion Applications
This distribution includes the Identity Synchronization for Windows.
This updated release
improves the overall quality and robustness of deployments. Among other
features and capabilities, by upgrading from DSEE 5.2 or 6.x you might
- Up to 300% performance improvement
- In-place upgrade from DSEE 6 and 7 (no need to export/import existing data)
- Fastest export
- Reduced disk space and memory footprint
- Optional data compression
- Instant restore capabilities
- Advanced tuning capabilities
- Improved control over traffic going through Directory Proxy Server
- New distribution algorithm with Directory Proxy Server
- Updated list of supported Operating Systems
For more information please visit: