By Etienne Remillon-Oracle on Dec 06, 2013
Tired as a DBA to have to manage separate users in multiple Oracle DBs over and over?
Tired as a user to have multiple login names and password to remember?
Tired to have no self-service solution to reset password?
Tired to face complex auditing questions to find out which user has which privilege?
Concerned that if you want to remove access to a user you might miss removing for some database?
Concerned that you passwords would not meet the policy that you have globally defined?
Look into Oracle Enterprise User Security & Oracle Unified Directory for:
- Users defined in one place
- Assign user's privileges in one place
- Delegating database user management to the help desk
- Controlling user's passwords through a common identity store such as your Corporate Directory
User Authentication Stores can be any of:
- Oracle Unified Directory
- Oracle Internet Directory
- Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Novell eDirectory
You have choice for authentication to use:
For more check out our White Paper here.