We released Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11gR1PS2 today !
ODSEE 11g Release 1
Patch Set 2 (22.214.171.124.0) allows companies to grow faster
and easier. The significant improvement in performance over previous
Sun DSEE 5.2 and 6.x releases allows companies
to accelerate their applications while reducing their total cost of
ownership. Companies can also reduce cost through improved
serviceability and manageability with increased performances and smooth in-place
upgrade reusing existing data store. This complete solution provides a directory server,
proxy server (for high availability and distribution of data and load) ,
web console and synchronization with Active
Directory, all under one product (ODSEE) and licensed as part of Oracle Directory Services Plus.
This release is a Patch Set to ODSEE 11gR1 and Sun DSEE 7.0. In addition to multiple fixes released in previous Patch Set and hot fixes, ODSEE 11g Release 1 Patch Set 2 includes among other new features:
- Increased performance via Entry Cache enhancements
- More security options with new ciphers for attribute encryption,
new password storage schemes, AES encryption for proxy, support for
- Improved password policy migration
- Enhancement manageability through queue backlog monitoring, LDAP Controls logged in the access logs, connection tracking
from Client through Back-end
- Streamlined login in DSCC console with administrative users defined as real users in back-end directory
- New SNMP agent and updated monitoring framework
- Adding support for Solaris 11, Red Hat EL 6 and Oracle Linux 6
This distribution includes the Identity Synchronization for Windows.
This updated release improves the overall quality and robustness of deployments. By upgrading from Sun DSEE 5.2 or 6.x to ODSEE you might
- Up to 300% performance improvement
- In-place upgrade from DSEE 6 (no need to export/import existing data)
- Fastest export
- Reduced disk space and memory footprint
- Optional data compression
- Instant restore capabilities
- Advanced tuning capabilities
- Improved control over traffic going through Directory Proxy Server
- Updated list of supported Operating Systems
Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition is part of Oracle Directory Services Plus which provides comprehensive directory solutions for robust identity management deployments
Check our documentation set for more, including Release Notes and Certification Matrix.
Download ODSEE 126.96.36.199.0 from here.