By Etienne Remillon-Oracle on Jul 20, 2011
We have released Oracle Unified Directory. This next generation directory service defines a new category in the directory server market.
Oracle Unified Directory is an all-in-one directory solution with
storage, proxy, synchronization and virtualization capabilities.
While unifying the approach, it provides all the services required for high-performance Enterprise and carrier-grade environments. Oracle Unified Directory ensures scalability to billions of entries, ease of installation, elastic deployments, enterprise manageability and effective monitoring.
Highlights of Oracle Unified Directory include:
- Next Generation product that capitalizes on Oracle's existing directory services solutions with years of continuous and innovative development
- Apart from tremendous read performance, support for high volume writes to address new application requirements with frequent changes to identity data such as location, images, relationships
- Support for Elastic Scalability with data distribution and global index to accommodate growth as needed
- On-premise and Cloud computing deployments
- Smaller footprint, making Oracle Unified Directory simple to embed, and easy to deploy and manage
- Interoperability with Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Directory Services Plus Suite
For more information about Oracle Unified Directory, visit this site.