Tuesday Jul 17, 2012
Monday Jun 25, 2012
By Etienne Remillon on Jun 25, 2012
When: July 11, 2012 at 16:00 UK / 17:00 CET / 08:00 am Pacific / 9:00 am Mountain / 11:00 am Eastern
Enterprise User Security (EUS) is a DB feature to externalize, and centrally manage DB users in a directory server. The webcast will briefly introduce EUS, followed by a detailed discussion about the various directory options that are supported, including integration with Microsoft Active Directory. We'll conclude how to avoid common pitfalls deploying EUS with directory services.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Understand EUS basics
- Understand EUS and directory integration options
- Avoid common EUS deployment mistakes
Make sure to register and mark this date on your calendar! - Details and registration.
Thursday May 03, 2012
By Etienne Remillon on May 03, 2012
The Oracle Optimized Solutions team, in partnership with the Oracle Directory team, is proud to announce a new solution that will benefit to many directory services deployments.
This solution leveraging both hardware and software provides the following:
- 3 to 1 reduction in directory servers at 3x the performance
- 1/3 the licensing cost with 22% less space
- Deployment time reduced by 5x
- Eliminates the need for hardware load balancer
Wednesday Feb 08, 2012
By Etienne Remillon on Feb 08, 2012
Oracle Named a Leader in both User Provisioning and Identity and Access Governance. Find more details here.
By Etienne Remillon on Feb 08, 2012
Oracle University is scheduling its first set of classe
"Oracle Unified Directory 11g: Services Deployment Essentials
Ed 1 - D73770GC10"
3/12-13 in Reston, VA - USA
3/26-27 in Vilvoorde, Belgium
Oracle Unified Directory 11g provides all the services required for high-performance enterprise and carrier-grade environments. Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) 11g ensures scalability to billions of entries, ease of installation, elastic deployments, enterprise manageability and effective monitoring.
The Oracle Unified Directory 11g: Services Deployment Essentials course teaches student to install Oracle Unified Directory 11g and deploy servers in topologies that support replication, failover, load balancing, and co-existence with Oracle Directory Server, Enterprise Edition (ODSEE) 11g directories.
Click here for more details and to enroll.
Monday Jan 23, 2012
Tuesday Jan 03, 2012
By Etienne Remillon on Jan 03, 2012
Following the Oracle support model, Bundle Patch for DSEE 6.3.1 (v. 188.8.131.52) was just released and is available for our customers under My Oracle Support (MOS).
This Bundle Patch is consolidating more than 200 fixes already provided as independent fixes for Directory Server, Directory Proxy Server and Directory Service Control Center.
If you are running a DSEE 6.x instance, we advise you to apply this bundle patch.
Monday Oct 17, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Oct 17, 2011
Taking care of your Directory Service?
Monitor it live and get access to historical data:
- Monitor availability of Directory Service instances
- Provide performance monitoring of hundreds of directory metrics
- Raise alerts based on thresholds set on monitoring data.
- Provide rich out-of-box reports
Beside monitoring Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition, now the System Monitoring Plug-In for Oracle Unified Directory extends Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control to add support for monitoring your OUD instances covering Storage, Proxy and Synchronization!
For more details please visit:
Monday Sep 05, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Sep 05, 2011
Great excitement at Oracle Open World this year!
We will demonstrate Oracle Unified Directory in booth #SR-270, Moscone South, Right.
We will also host the session "Directory Server Innovation: From the Enterprise to the Cloud" - ID 14914
See you there.
By attending Oracle OpenWorld you will
- Participate in sessions and hands-on workshops led by the world's foremost IT experts
- Find out firsthand how to streamline upgrades and deployments
- Dig deep into application deployment, scaling, upgrading, and best practices
- Meet with your industry and technology peers
- Share notes in special interest groups, and product and industry sessions
- See hundreds of partners and customers as they present product demos and solutions in three Exhibition Halls
Friday Sep 02, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Sep 02, 2011
Those two Webcasts will take place soon and discuss why it makes sense to make usage of an Oracle IAM platform solution instead of individual point products from different vendors.
You could register for those from here.
Thursday Sep 01, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Sep 01, 2011
Wednesday Jul 20, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Jul 20, 2011
We have released Oracle Unified Directory. This next generation directory service defines a new category in the directory server market.
Oracle Unified Directory is an all-in-one directory solution with
storage, proxy, synchronization and virtualization capabilities.
While unifying the approach, it provides all the services required for high-performance Enterprise and carrier-grade environments. Oracle Unified Directory ensures scalability to billions of entries, ease of installation, elastic deployments, enterprise manageability and effective monitoring.
Highlights of Oracle Unified Directory include:
- Next Generation product that capitalizes on Oracle's existing directory services solutions with years of continuous and innovative development
- Apart from tremendous read performance, support for high volume writes to address new application requirements with frequent changes to identity data such as location, images, relationships
- Support for Elastic Scalability with data distribution and global index to accommodate growth as needed
- On-premise and Cloud computing deployments
- Smaller footprint, making Oracle Unified Directory simple to embed, and easy to deploy and manage
- Interoperability with Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Directory Services Plus Suite
For more information about Oracle Unified Directory, visit this site.
Thursday Jul 14, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Jul 14, 2011
=> July 21, 2011 at 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET / 19:00 CET
Enterprises face many choices for managing identity data: to virtualize or not to virtualize, to synchronize data or store data. The choice of directory server means choosing between multiple vendors and compromising between features and performance. Oracle Unified Directory 11g defines a new category in the directory server market. Join us for this launch webcast to learn how Oracle Unified Directory 11g provides scalability and a complete directory server solution.
Tuesday Jun 14, 2011
By Etienne Remillon on Jun 14, 2011
First Patch Set for Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11gR1 just released!
ODSEE 11g Release 1 Patch Set 1 (184.108.40.206.0) allows companies to grow faster and easier. The significant improvement in performance over previous Sun DSEE 5.2 and 6.x releases allows companies to accelerate their applications while reducing their total cost of ownership. Companies can also reduce cost through improved serviceability with faster import/export times and smooth, in-place upgrade that reuses your existing data store. This complete solution provides a directory server, proxy server (for high availability and distribution of data and load) , web console and synchronization with Active Directory, all under one product (ODSEE) and licensed as part of Oracle Directory Services Plus.
This release is a Patch Set to ODSEE 11gR1 and Sun DSEE 7.0. In addition to multiple fixes previously released as patches and hot fixes, ODSEE 11g Release 1 Patch Set 1 includes new features:
- Support for importing and exporting compressed files
- Fastest export capabilities
- Support for SASL authentication through GSSAPI on Linux
- New password hashing schemes
- Repack option for compacting an existing suffix
- New load-balancing algorithms for the proxy component
- Multiple new options for proxy server logs
- New Bind and Connection logs for proxy server
- Schema support for Oracle Fusion Applications
This distribution includes the Identity Synchronization for Windows.
This updated release
improves the overall quality and robustness of deployments. Among other
features and capabilities, by upgrading from DSEE 5.2 or 6.x you might
- Up to 300% performance improvement
- In-place upgrade from DSEE 6 and 7 (no need to export/import existing data)
- Fastest export
- Reduced disk space and memory footprint
- Optional data compression
- Instant restore capabilities
- Advanced tuning capabilities
- Improved control over traffic going through Directory Proxy Server
- New distribution algorithm with Directory Proxy Server
- Updated list of supported Operating Systems
For more information please visit:
This blog provides information regarding the Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition and Oracle Unified Directory products. Use this blog to get the latest breaking information regarding releases and updates plus other technical and non-technical information.
- Why Customers Should Upgrade Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) to Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)
- Bundle Patch for ODSEE 220.127.116.11.2 Released
- Happy New Year !
- Thanks for attending Oracle Open World 2014
- Directory Services @ Oracle Open World 2014
- Bundle Patch for OUD 18.104.22.168.1 Released !
- Transition project from Sun DSEE 6 to OUD
- Oracle Forum extended to cover OUD
- Oracle Unified Directory certified with CA SiteMinder
- Oracle Directory Services used by Peugeot Citröen