Oracle Solaris Studio Express 6/10 and its Customer Feedback Program are now available
By pieter.humphrey on Jun 03, 2010
Oracle Solaris Studio Express 6/10 and the Customer Feedback Program for it are now available. Oracle Solaris Studio Express 6/10 is available on Solaris 10 (SPARC, x86), OEL 5 (x86), RHEL 5 (x86), SuSE 11 (x86) today and will be available for OpenSolaris in the near future.
New feature highlights since the last release include:
- C/C++/Fortran compiler optimizations for the latest UltraSPARC and SPARC64-based architectures such as UltraSPARC T2 and SPARC64 VII
- C/C++/Fortran compiler optimizations for the latest x86 architectures including the Intel Xeon 7500 processor series (Nehalem-EX) and the Intel Xeon 5600 processor series (Westmere-EP)
- Enhanced debugging and code coverage tooling
- Improved application profiling with the Performance Analyzer
- Updated IDE based on NetBeans 6.8
To find more information and download go to http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/express/
To participate in the customer feedback program for Oracle Solaris Studio Express 6/10 go to
Please get the word out, try out this new release and send us your feedback!