Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 1.0 - your free Eclipse 3.4/WebLogic 10gR3 server plug-in
By pieter.humphrey on Aug 27, 2008
This certified set of Eclipse plug-ins is designed to help develop, deploy and debug applications for Oracle WebLogic Server. It installs as a plug-in to your existing Eclipse, or will install Eclipse for you, and supports your favorite server or servlet engine.
In it's initial release, this is simply a re-brand of the WLS tools project a.k.a WebLogic Server Tools, combined with the Facelets Incubator and Oracle Plugin for DTP. Longer term, the Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) will be the basis for Oracle's strategic Eclipse offering, combining the best Java EE development features of Oracle Workshop for WebLogic and Oracle's independent contributions to the Eclipse platform.
Eclipse 3.3 Update site URL: http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/europa
Eclipse 3.4 Update site URL: http://download.oracle.com/otn_software/oepe/ganymede
In addition to capabilities provided by Eclipse and Web tools platform, OEPE
provides the following features:
- Fastswap - Java Class Redefinition support for WebLogic Server
- Develop, debug and deploy to Oracle WebLogic Server 10gR3, and multiple previous versions
- Remote deployment and debugging, JSP Debugging for WebLogic Server 9.x and higher
- Virtual EAR technology that improves WebLogic Server deployment performance for large applications
- Leverage WebLogic Shared J2EE Libraries to make packaging of Enterprise Java Applications easier and faster
- Deployment descriptor editors for weblogic.xml and weblogic-application.xml
- Oracle Database Plug-in for Eclipse Data Tools Platform
- Facelets Tools Project Tech Preview (incubator)