Video never sleeps. So even while most of the community was away on vacation in last month, videos from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel were hard at work splashing technical insight onto screens of various sizes. These are the Top 10 most popular 2 Minute Tech Tips for August.
- Get to Know Node.js | Dan McGhan [Jul 10, 2015]
Oracle Developer Advocate Dan McGhan crams a lot of Node.js information into his two minutes. If you're new to Node.js, or are looking for a fresh perspective, check out Dan's video.
- Using Oracle Alta UI to Redesign Your User Interface | Shay Shmeltzer [Jul 9, 2015]
What are you doing to modernize your applications? Shay Shmeltzer, director of product management for Oracle's mobile and development tools, shares a quick tip on using Alta UI, Oracle's modern mobile and browser application design system.
- OBIEE Excel SmartView VBA | Steve Yeung [Jul 9, 2015]
This short tech tip video by Steve Yeung, Project and Business Development Manager with Elufa Systems Limited in Hong Kong, is a companion to Taking Your OBIEE to the Next Level with SmartView VBA 18.104.22.168.1, an in-depth technical article now available from the Oracle Technology Network.
- Extending Oracle Cloud Applications with PaaS4SaaS | Debra Lilley [Jul 9, 2015]
What are your options for extending cloud applications Oracle ERP and HCM? Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley, Vice President of Cloud Services for Certus Solutions, explains the basics of PaaS4SaaS and the use of the Java Cloud Service to extend cloud apps.
- If Your Database is Just a Bit Bucket, You're a Fool | Blaine Carter [Aug 18, 2015]
Some people say you shouldn't put code in the database. But if you have a powerhouse database like Oracle and you're just using it as a bit bucket, you're wasting a lot of power. In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Blaine Carter, Developer Advocate for Open Source Technologies, explains the circumstances under which putting code in the database is a very good idea.
- Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans [Aug 12, 2015]
The Internet of Things is here, and the Raspberry Pi plays a significant role in the exploration and experimentation happening around IoT. Oracle ACE Director Lonnke Dikmans, an enterprise architect and managing partner at eProseed in the Netherlands, takes you on a two minute journey into the programming languages available for the Raspberry Pi so you can get in on the fun.
- Working with JSON and APEX | Dimitri Gielis [May 18, 2015]
Oracle ACE Director Dimitri Gielis, an expert in Oracle Application Express, shares insight on working with JSON and APEX in this 2 Minute Tech Tip.
- Heap Tables and Index Organized Tables in Oracle | Chris Saxon [Mar 4, 2015]
Chris Saxon, a database evangelist, developer advocate, and SQL specialist with Oracle, uses up his two minutes with a tip on using heap tables and index organized tables in Oracle Database.
- Trace Your Code - All of It | Cary Millsap [Apr 2, 2015]
Oracle ACE Director Cary Millsap, founder and CEO of Method R Corporation and a software performance specialist with Enkitec, wastes no time in delivering his concise tip based on his three-step development process.
- Properly Sizing Your AWR Warehouse | Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman [May 20, 2015]
This tip by Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman, a consulting member of the technical staff for Oracle Enterprise Manager, was recorded just moments after one of her sessions at the Great Lakes Oracle Conference in Cleveland, OH.