Today's Links (6/13/2011)
- Rethink SOA - A Recipe for Business Transformation | SOA World Magazine
"Imagine you had the ability to create an entirely new business offering," says Bruce Tierney, "unlike anything available from your competition..."
- Desktop Virtualization for Contact Centers at ICMI ACCE | Oracle's Virtualization Blog
Chris Kawalek shares information on this week's ICMI ACCE Conferrence & Expo in the Big Easy.
- Challenges aired at Health Data Initiative Forum - O'Reilly Radar | Andy Oram
"A major bash by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Institute of Medicine--together with the NIH, EPA, and others--drew hundreds of people [last week] in Washington, DC to discuss the use of government data in health care," reports Oram.
- Why Microsoft has made developers horrified about coding for Windows 8 | Peter Bright
- Video: Texas A&M Researchers Innovate & Engage with WebCenter | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares a video about a Red Samurai customer.
- The IT revolution that isn't | Eric Knorr
"Cloud, mobile, and the consumerization of IT are conspiring to change everything," says Knorr. "But as with all else in enterprise IT, it's going to take a long time."
- Enriching EL evaluation in JSF applications - retrieve values from property files or system properties | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema "illustrates the use of a custom ELVariableResolver in JavaServer Faces applications."
- Building with Maven in JDeveloper 11gR2 | Edwin Biemond
"Using Maven in JDeveloper is not that simple," says Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond. "I hope that this blogpost can help you to use Maven as your build tool."
- Backward-looking API ToS vs. forwarding-looking API usage | William Vambenepe
"What’s more important in an API?" askes Vambenepe. "Whether it’s REST or SOAP or whether you can count on using it for some time in the future?"