The Mastering Maven series is an ongoing blog series on the popular Apache Maven build tool. This post collects all entries as the series progresses. Please come back and check regularly for new posts.
Section 1 - Basics
This section presents the basics for getting off the ground with Apache Maven
- Getting Started. Every journey begins with a first step, and so here it is.
- Resolving Dependencies. Apache Maven built on top of its predecessors and added dependency resolution. What's that? Let's have a look.
- Adding Plugins. The build tool is highly configurable thanks to the power of its pluggable architecture. This post shows how you can leverage that power.
- Dependency Basics. There's more to handling dependencies than what meets the eye.
- Build Properties. If we refactor our code we can certainly refactor our build files. Properties is one way to do it.
This section delves deeper into dependency resolution
- Optional Dependencies. What are optional dependencies and how to use them.
- The Dependency Management block. This block can help you if you experience trouble with transitive dependencies.
- Dependency Exclusions. Discover what exclusions are and how they may be used to solve problems with the dependency tree.
- The Enforcer Plugin. This plugin is a valuable addition to your developer toolbox. It can help you detect problems early on and during the build process.
Photo by Lubos Houska.