- Software Architecture for High Availability in the Cloud | Brian Jimerson
Brian Jimerson looks at the paradigm shifts from machine-based architectures to cloud-based architectures when designing fault tolerance, and how enterprise applications need to be engineered to ensure the highest level of availability in the cloud.
- SOA, Cloud & Service Technology Symposium 2012 London - Special Oracle Discount
Registration is now open for one of the premier SOA, Cloud, and Service Technology events. Once again, the Oracle community is well-represented in the session schedule. And now you can save on registration with a special Oracle discount code.
- Progress 4GL and DB to Oracle and cloud | Tom Laszewski
"Getting from client/server based 4GLs and databases where the 4GL is tightly linked to the database to Oracle and the cloud is not easy," says cloud migration expert Tom Laszewski. "The least risky and expensive option...is to use the Progress OpenEdge DataServer for Oracle."
- Embrace 'big data' now or fall behind the competition, analyst warns | TechTarget
TechTarget's Mark Brunelli's story says, in essence, that Big Data is not your fathers Business Intelligence.
- Calculating the Size (in Bytes and MB) of a Oracle Coherence Cache | Ricardo Ferreira
Ferreira illustrates a programmatic way to use the Oracle Coherence API to calculate the total size of a specific cache that resides in the data grid.
- WebCenter Portal Tutorial Part 7: Integrating Discussions and Link service | Yannick Ongena
The latest chapter in Oracle ACE Yannick Ongena's ongoing series.
- How to Setup JDeveloper workspace for ADF Fusion Applications to run Business Component Tester? | Jack Desai
Helpful technical tips from yet another member of the Oracle Fusion Middleware Architecture Team.
- Big Data for the Enterprise; Software Architecture for High Availability in the Cloud; Why Cloud Computing is a Paradigm Shift - And Why It Isn't
This week on the OTN Solution Architect Homepage, along with an updated events list and this weeks list of selected community blog posts.
- Worst Practices for Big Data | Dain Hansen
Dain Hansen shares some insight on what NOT to do if you want to captialize on Big Data.
- Free Virtual Developer Day - Oracle Fusion Development | Grant Ronald
"The online conference will include seminars, hands-on lab and live chats with our technical staff including me!" says Grant Ronald. "And the best bit, it doesn't cost you a single penny. It's free and available right on your desktop."
- Penguin is Getting Ready for Oracle OpenWorld 2012 | Zeynep Koch
Linux fan? Check out Zeynep Koch's post for a list of Linux-based sessions at Oracle OpenWorld 2012 in San Francisco.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Autoscaling | Frank Munz
"Autoscaling on AWS can only be configured with lengthy commands from the command line but not from the web cased AWS console," says Frank Munz. "Getting all the parameters right can be tricky." He demonstrates one easy example in this video.
- Oracle Fusion Applications Design Patterns Now Available For Developers | Ultan O'Broin
"These Oracle Fusion Applications UX Design Patterns, or blueprints, enable Oracle applications developers and system implementers everywhere to leverage professional usability insight," says O'Broin.
- How Much Data Is Created Every Minute? [INFOGRAPHIC] | Mashable
Explaining what the "Big" in Big Data really means -- and it's more than a little mind-boggling.
Thought for the Day
"Real, though miniature, Turing Tests are happening all the time, every day, whenever a person puts up with stupid computer software."
— Jaron Lanier