2009 Java Cert Nite - Highlights, RIA and Performance
By Chun-Fan Victor Chiu on Dec 15, 2009
On Dec 11, an annual Java Cert Nite was successfully held in VTC Wan Chai. There were more than 200 Java Professionals attending the seminar and I promised the participants to upload the presentation slides to this blog within 1 week since there are a lot of reference links, syntax or figures posted in our slides.
The topics for that nite were:
1. The Foundation and Future of Java (Mickey Fan) - Click here for slides
- Why is Java so successful?
- It's ongoing innovation such as RIA, Mobile, BlueRay, Internet Things, JEE6, JDK7 .....
2. Java Performance and Scalability (Ivan Ma) - Click here for slides
- Types of Locking and Concurrency
- Scalability via Parallelism.
- Garbage Collect and G1, Tools, Techniques
3. Pick Your Java RIA (Victor Chiu) - Click here for slides
- Comparison of Java RIA frameworks such as GWT, EXT JS, IceFaces and ZK. The difference of JavaFX and its upcoming tools.
For those of you who didn't attend this seminar but are interested in key messages and trend regarding Java, I strongly encourage you to take a look at the above slides.