A quick review of http://rapidrabb.it
By andreakendall on Sep 29, 2008
I decided to give it a try to see if it would help me show the flow
between various portions of a screen and its associated overlays. I
wanted to create a very rough and quick representation of the screen to
show the main flow between the screen and its overlays.
Here is my first impressions:
- Fairly easy to figure out how to use
- The run feature is nice as you can test drive the screen flow
- It supports layers for reuse of wire frames
- Right now there is no help.
- There is no way to group widgets
- There is no way to copy whole pages to another page
- Lots of bugs still - but its in beta
- I wish it had more widgets like tables and trees
Nice concept and worth looking at when it matures a bit. However, I am not sure if it is really better than my drawing a rough storyboard of my screens...
A quick example of the running application:
(marked up with the Cursor stamp using Snag it)
1. Main screen as first shownMain screen as first shown
2. After selection of OK from Search Overlay
3. Showing Add Record Overlay
4. A snap shot of a page being worked on. I am setting what page the OK button goes to.
Andrea Joy Kendall has been a Graphics and User Interface programmer and designer for over 20 years. She is passionate about designing for the user. Currently she is working on a Mock Up for the Open Source project Mural, Master Index Studio as part of the SOA/Business Integration Composite Applications group.