- The table_reorg procedure ran for SALES_DATA errored due to lack of tablespace. Can I delete the RDF segments?
- Demantra Installing 184.108.40.206 as SYS or SYSTEM Installer Fails or is Failing
- New SQL to Determine Out of Order Ratio and Cluster Factor
- Importing Legacy Data into Demantra, Running the Engine, Proven Process
- Setting Worksheet Related Parameters and Hardware Requirement Example
- Demantra Table_Reorg. A new version has been released!
- Demantra Table Reorganization, Fragmentation, Null Columns, Primary Key, Editioning, Cluster Factor, PCT Fee, Freelist, Initrans, Automatic Segment Management (ASM), Blocksize....
- Demantra Large Table Partitions and Using the Flashback Recycle bin, recyclebin, dba_recyclebin and sys.RECYCLEBIN$ Purge Best Practice
- Demantra 220.127.116.11. Are you upgrading or have upgraded? New Mandatory Patch is available.
- Demantra 18.104.22.168 Has Been Released. See details below
Friday Sep 27, 2013
Thursday Aug 02, 2012
By user702295-Oracle on Aug 02, 2012
1) Partition columns must be a subset of the primary key columns
2) Each partition should have its own tablespace. All partitions of a partitioned object must reside in tablespaces of a single block size.
3) Each of the large tables should have their own tablespace.
4) Set the following parameters so that the Analytical Engine can find the partition on which any combination resides:
PartitionColumnItem Specifies the name of the column that partitions the data by item.
PartitionColumnLoc Specifies the name of the column that partitions the data by location.
Note: When the SALES_DATA table is not partitioned by a level column, you need to set:
update init_params_0 set value_string = column name
where pname in ('PartitionColumnItem', 'PartitionColumnLoc');
5) Compute the optimal PCTFREE, PCTUSED and INITRANS values for the tables.
6) Ensure that the Schema statistics are up to date.
7) When creating partitions, consider your main worksheet levels. Does your primary key follow the worksheet levels? Partitions should also follow your worksheet levels and primary key. If you have several worksheets that have different levels, way your options according to use.
Also, please review the following MyOracleSupport Documents:
Oracle Demantra Implementing Partitions for Performance (Doc ID 1227173.1)
Demantra Performance Overview and Recommendations High Impact Discussion Points (Doc ID 1162795.1)
Partitioned Sales_data Table But Engine Run Is Slower (Doc ID 1331482.1)
This blog delivers the latest information regarding performance and install/upgrade. Comments welcome
- /Data Load Performance
- /Data Load Specific
- /General Performance
- /Install / Upgrade Performance
- /Performance Diagnostics
- /Worksheet Performance