- Demantra Upgrade To 18.104.22.168 - Advanced Queueing: ERROR: Failed to initialize notification queue for Engine Starter ID
- Demantra 12.2.1, 12.2.2, 12.2.3, 12.2.4, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 Install Upgrade ADVISOR: Demantra (Doc ID 1664177.2
- Demantra 188.8.131.52 and In Memory Planning using Oracle RDBMS 12c Configure, Troubleshoot
- Upgrading to 184.108.40.206? There is a mandatory Patch Required 21959406. See below.
- Demantra 220.127.116.11 Upgrade Workflow Security Enhancements Callouts UTL_HTTP, URL and EBS
- Oracle Cloud IaaS is now available and has support for PRODUCTION Issues
- Premier support for Oracle Demantra 18.104.22.168 has been extended from September 2016 to December 2019!
- Demantra In The Cloud? You Bet! Take a look at MOS Note 2095953.1
- Announcing availability of 12.2.5 Mandatory Consolidated Patch 2 | Also: Windows 10 and MS IE 11 support
- New! Available Demantra generic 12.2.x database platform patch that includes four new fixes
Tuesday Apr 19, 2016
Wednesday Apr 06, 2016
By JeffG-Oracle on Apr 06, 2016
Hello Please see MOS Note: Demantra Demand Management Release 22.214.171.124. This is a mandatory Patch Required 21959406 AFTER applying Demantra 126.96.36.199 Patch 21951481
Of course this is also available at the VCP Information Center (IC), MOS note 2007934.2. Click on the DM tab, Install - Upgrade tab.
Friday Mar 18, 2016
By JeffG-Oracle on Mar 18, 2016
Oracle's Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) enables you to create new instances of Oracle Value Chain Planning in Oracle Cloud, or clone your on-premises Oracle Value Chain Planning environments to Oracle Cloud.
Hosting Oracle Value Chain Planning environments in the cloud can benefit your organization in multiple ways, including:
- Reducing infrastructure costs.
- Providing the capability to allocate infrastructure temporarily for short-term projects such as proof of concept testing, functional and technical training and testing, and customization development.
- Providing the capability to use Oracle Application Management Suite for Oracle Value Chain Planning to monitor on-premises and cloud environments simultaneously, and to automate the deployment of patches and customizations.
Note: Oracle Value Chain Planning Cloud support is limited to release 12.2 and 12.1.3-based environments on Oracle Linux, and currently excludes configurations with Oracle RAC, DMZ, and external integrations.
See MOS Note: Getting Started with Oracle Value Chain Planning in the Oracle Cloud (Doc ID 2095953.1)
Monday Nov 23, 2015
Looking for 188.8.131.52 Install Guide, System Requirements, Implementation Guide and User Guides? See Below
By JeffG-Oracle on Nov 23, 2015
Hello! The guides can be found at the following URL. They have been updated where required.
Doc 443969.1 will be updated as soon as possible.
Wednesday Oct 21, 2015
By JeffG-Oracle on Oct 21, 2015
Hello! Demantra does not have version 12.2.5 available. Demantra provides 184.108.40.206 with a mandatory patch 21959406.
Please see MOS notes 2068456.1 and 2068458.1.
It is best to keep ASCP and Demantra at the same level but not 100% required unless otherwise advised. Regards! Jeff
Thursday Apr 02, 2015
By JeffG-Oracle on Apr 02, 2015
We are aware of a bug that might raise an error during the installation of the 220.127.116.11 Generic Patch recently released.
In some cases, when using SYS as the DBA user and “Enable Automatic Table Maintenance” checkbox has been checked, sys_grants.sql script which is being
run as part of the installation may fail.
sys_grants.sql is using an internal function in with a specific combination of hardware/platform may generate invalid value.
Run the installer using SYSTEM and not SYS, then, after the installation completes, replace sys_grants.sql with the attached file and run it as sys.
Make sure to add “TRUE” as the 4th parameter.
@sys_grants.sql DEMANTRA ACL_DEFAULT ACL_DEFAULT TRUE
This has been addressed in release 18.104.22.168.
Uptake of VCP 22.214.171.124 is mandatory for all VCP and Demantra 12.2.4 installations.
Are you already at 126.96.36.199?
Demantra 188.8.131.52 has a new required patch 19945449, ARU# 18420277, Demantra patch 12240066 - is now available. It was discovered that the engine throws a segmentation fault while running CDP consumption profile. Please see the additional information in the readme Notes.
Oracle Demantra Post Release 184.108.40.206 Mandatory Patch Application - Patch 19945449 (Doc ID 1960180.1)
Demantra 220.127.116.11 Cumulative Patch. This CU is Specifically for r18.104.22.168. There are 13 Issues Patched and or Improved. (Doc ID 1952805.1)
Oracle Demantra Release Notes for Release 22.214.171.124 (Doc ID 1947062.1)
Demantra Release 126.96.36.199 Known Upgrade and Known Product Issues with Workarounds (Doc ID 1948769.1)
Oracle Demantra Demand Planning Announcing New Release 188.8.131.52 is Now Available (Doc ID 1948684.1)
Troubleshooting Demantra 184.108.40.206 Installation (Doc ID 1986634.1)
Thursday Oct 23, 2014
By JeffG-Oracle on Oct 23, 2014
Hello Demantra Customer! Are you considering an upgrade to you Oracle
Demantra software? Are you implementing Oracle RDBMS 12C with Demantra? There are critical MOS notes that you may
want to review.
- 12.2.1, 12.2.2, 12.2.3 and 12.2.4 Install Upgrade ADVISOR: Demantra (Doc ID 1664177.2)
- DEMANTRA WARNING Have you OR are you Planning to Upgrade to Release 12.2.2? Upgrade from 12.2.2 to 12.2.3 or 12.2.4 Collections EP Load is Failing ORA-20002, ORA-00001, ORA-06512 (Doc ID 1917715.1)
- Upgrading to Demantra 12.2.4? Here are current known issues from Demantra Development, Proactive Services and Oracle Support (Doc ID 1928367.1)
- Demantra Startup Times can be Longer When Running Demantra on Oracle 12c RDBMS due to RDBMS Defects (Doc ID 1937616.1).
Thursday Jul 24, 2014
By JeffG-Oracle on Jul 24, 2014
Hello Demantra Customers!
There is a new r12, focusing on r12.2.3, MOS
note that summarizes all known issues as of 24-Jul-2014. Quickly review
problems and solutions to help you save time!
See Demantra 12.2.x Focusing on 12.2.3 Install, Upgrade, Operation Bug Fixes and Best Practices. Known Issue Summary (Doc ID 1910650.1).
Monday Feb 24, 2014
By JeffG-Oracle on Feb 24, 2014
Demantra 12.2.3 encompasses the same functional scope as Demantra 12.2.2 with additional security and functional bug fixes.
Demantra 12.2.3 will work with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 using the AIA 11.4 for the Value Chain Planning Base Integration Pack.
Demantra 12.2.3 will only work with VCP 12.2.3.
Demantra 12.2.3 and VCP 12.2.3 will work with EBS 12.1.3 or EBS 12.2.3.
Please review the release readme and all 12.2.3 documentation carefully to determine content details for this patch. You can also find documentation in the Demantra Documentation Library on My Oracle Support (note 443969.1).
The release is currently available on My Oracle Support (formerly known as Metalink) as Patch 17921238.
Release will be available from e-delivery in a few weeks.
It is recommended for all customers who are on 12.2.1 or 12.2.2 to upgrade to 12.2.3 at earliest convenience. Please do not upgrade to 12.2.2 and then 12.2.3.
Friday Dec 20, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Dec 20, 2013
Hello Demantra Customers! Are you planning on an upgrade? Should you follow a platform or application upgrade path? MyOracleSupport (MOS) Note 1609763.1 delivers high impact information from the Demantra Program Management Office (PMO). Take a look, it will help you make an informed decision for your upgrade path. Regards! Jeff
Monday Nov 25, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Nov 25, 2013
A new version of Demantra 220.127.116.11 has been released and we want to ensure that all customers/partners who are using 18.104.22.168 uptake it.
This version is meant to replace the existing 22.214.171.124 some of you may have installed.
Thursday Aug 08, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Aug 08, 2013
Proactive action During/After an Upgrade may help. Please review the following:
- Clean the Java cache by deleting the Java cache windows folder
- Set the Java console debug mode to '5'
- Reproduced the issue
- Review the Client Java console
- Review the collaborator.log
- Produce an action plan
Thursday Jun 27, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Jun 27, 2013
Hello! Are you implementing using a third party or consulting resources?
Recently we have seen some cases where customers no longer have a windows installation. After the initial install and configuration, once the instance has gone live, the windows install is either deleted or most likely no longer with the customer as the same was installed on the implementers' laptop to start with. As a result when support comes back requesting the customer to apply a patch and/or upgrade they do not have a windows installation. This has started happening after Oracle Demantra gave them the option to configure the engine on Unix.
It is advisable that the customer keep their Windows installation intact for further patching and/or upgrade. It is aslo possible that the implementer had installed Demantra on his Windows box and you do not have access to it any more. It is possible that with the web and engine on Unix, and the silent installer having downloaded all the executable for Business Modeler, to work on the User's client machine, you may no longer need the windows install.
I have not tested the above
Wednesday Dec 05, 2012
Demantra Engine on Linux or Unix Failure Hanging Error Not Starting Debugging Install and Configuration Checklist
By JeffG-Oracle on Dec 05, 2012
Did you know that there is a 21 point checklist to ensure that your engine will run correctly? Check out note 1086704.1 in My Oracle Support.
Monday Feb 27, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Feb 27, 2012
This blog delivers the latest information regarding performance and install/upgrade. Comments welcome
- /Data Load Performance
- /Data Load Specific
- /General Performance
- /Install / Upgrade Performance
- /Performance Diagnostics
- /Worksheet Performance