- Demantra Upgrade Advisor 220.127.116.11 and more! MOS Note 1664177.2
- Demantra Release 18.104.22.168 Mandatory Patches Update
- Demantra 22.214.171.124 Install / Upgrade Mandatory Patch Update
- Demantra Upgrade To 126.96.36.199 - Advanced Queueing: ERROR: Failed to initialize notification queue for Engine Starter ID
- Demantra 12.2.1, 12.2.2, 12.2.3, 12.2.4, 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 Install Upgrade ADVISOR: Demantra (Doc ID 1664177.2
- Demantra 220.127.116.11 and In Memory Planning using Oracle RDBMS 12c Configure, Troubleshoot
- Upgrading to 18.104.22.168? There is a mandatory Patch Required 21959406. See below.
- Demantra 22.214.171.124 Upgrade Workflow Security Enhancements Callouts UTL_HTTP, URL and EBS
- Oracle Cloud IaaS is now available and has support for PRODUCTION Issues
- Premier support for Oracle Demantra 126.96.36.199 has been extended from September 2016 to December 2019!
Monday Mar 21, 2016
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By JeffG-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
Hello Demantra Customers! There is a new Development sponsored white paper! Single Sign-on Setup for Demantra Using the Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g - synchronization between Demantra and Oracle Identity Management / Oracle Virtual Directory (OID/OVD) (Doc ID 1940438.1). This doc will guide you through the steps to achieve integration.
This white paper covers the following topics and much more. Complete with references and guides.
- Configuring Single Sign-on
- Configure a new Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) instance specifically to protect the Demantra WebLogic server
- Install the new Oracle Access Manager Webgate 11g
- Ensure that the global logout work properly
- Configuring Demantra application server(weblogic) to setup OAMIdentityAsserter security provider
- Authentication in the web.xml file of the Demantra Application
- Modifying security realm of the weblogic server to setup Identity asserter provider
- Create a new Authentication Schemes (DemAuthScheme)
- Resolve the issue of java applets that are not loading in OAM 11g or 10g
- Demantra with OAM supports the following links
- Test that you have successfully configured SSO for Demantra
Tuesday Jul 08, 2014
Demantra Customers - Welcome to Finding E-Business Suite Patches & E-Business Suite Technology Stack Patches
By JeffG-Oracle on Jul 08, 2014
Hello Demantra Customers! Do you need additional help certifying your tech stack? Sometimes, I do. When I do, I start at MOS note
How to Find E-Business Suite & E-Business Suite Technology Stack Patches (Doc ID 1633974.2)
This document is meant to assist an E-Business Suite customer in finding all Patches necessary to maintain a healthy system. This includes Recommended patches, Technology Stack patches, Performance patches, etc...
Thursday Aug 08, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Aug 08, 2013
Many customers are unwilling to upgrade their EBS due to customizations, users and overall effort required, but upgrading their VCP apps is easier and is supported. You can leave your 11i system as is and install a separate VCP 12.1 instance which collects data from 11i10.
This is a fully supported configuration and allows you to connect Demantra 188.8.131.52 to EBS 11i10.
You do not even need to use any VCP apps other than Demantra. The data flows through the 12.1 VCP instance into Demantra 184.108.40.206.
This is the certified configuration for 11i and Demantra 220.127.116.11, so we advise considering this mix of tools.
The additional benefit you achieve is the ability to bring your VCP applications forward without impacting your EBS applications.
For 18.104.22.168 you would work with the following configuration.
EBS 11.5.10 (11i)
Monday Apr 29, 2013
By JeffG-Oracle on Apr 29, 2013
Hello! There is a new configuration when attempting to log into Demantra via EBS using forms servlet. Are you experiencing the following? Then see MOS note 1547287.1.
Rlease 12.1.3 EBS Advance Planning environment and configured Demantra to work with it.
EBS and Demantra have separate AppServers.
EBS has OAS and Demantra has Weblogic.
Demantra 22.214.171.124 w/ Weblogic 10.3.5
VCP 126.96.36.199 w/OAS
The weblogic.xml shows the following for the http setup:
The EBS and Demantra work fine by themselves.
When logged into EBS and then select an activity that prompts for the Demantra login, then the EBS form session gets disconnected when running in Forms Servlet Mode.
The Demantra application does not have any issues.
The problem does not occur if they run Forms in Socket mode.
When trying to connect to Demantra from EBS, it is redirecting to Demantra page instead of opening a new page and so we are losing the EBS page.
In the Java Console we can see 5 attempts to reconnect are logged and then the session fails with a FRM-92102.
Bumped up frmNetworkRetries = 30 and the problem still occurs.
The Demantra session continues to work fine, however the user is forced to shutdown the browser and log back into the EBS environment and restart forms each and every time.
Thursday Oct 11, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Oct 11, 2012
Do you need to boost your overall implementation performance?
Do you need a direction to pinpoint possible performance opportunities?
Are you looking for a general performance guide?
Try MOS note 69565.1.
This paper describes a holistic methodology that defines a systematic approach to resolve complex Application performance problems. It has been successfully used on many critical accounts. The 'end-to-end' tuning approach encompasses the client, network and database and has proven far more effective than isolated tuning exercises. It has been used to define and measure targets to ensure success.
Even though it was created in 2001 and checked for relevance on 13-Oct-2008, the procedures are still very valuable.
This blog delivers the latest information regarding performance and install/upgrade. Comments welcome
- /Data Load Performance
- /Data Load Specific
- /General Performance
- /Install / Upgrade Performance
- /Performance Diagnostics
- /Worksheet Performance