- Announcing availability of 12.2.5 Mandatory Consolidated Patch 2 | Also: Windows 10 and MS IE 11 support
- New! Available Demantra generic 12.2.x database platform patch that includes four new fixes
- Demantra Upgrading 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 Ideas, Roadmap, Procedures
- Demantra Demand Management DM Permance and Setup Analyzer
- Advanced Demantra Demand Management Training: Best Practices, Diagnostics, APIs, Series Locking, Launch Management, VCP Deployment, User Access Control + More!
- New! Demantra Demand Management Performance and Setup Analyzer
- Looking for 126.96.36.199 Install Guide, System Requirements, Implementation Guide and User Guides? See Below
- Demantra Demant Planning Analyzer v200.2 is NOW Available!
- Demantra 188.8.131.52 is available!
- New Demantra Information Center White Papers - Topical Essays
Tuesday Jun 26, 2012
Thursday Jun 14, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Jun 14, 2012
The following applies to ALL Demantra, EBS and Demantra Oracle Integrations:
All EBS desktop administrators must disable JRE Auto-Update for their end-users immediately.
See this externally-published article:
URGENT BULLETIN: Disable JRE Auto-Update for All E-Business Suite End-Users
Why is this required?
If you have Auto-Update enabled, your JRE 1.6 version will be updated to JRE 7.
This may happen as early as July 3, 2012.
This will definitely happen after Sept. 7, 2012, after the release of 1.6.0_35 (6u35).
Oracle Forms is not compatible with JRE 7 yet. JRE 7 has not been certified with Oracle E-Business Suite yet.
Oracle E-Business Suite functionality based on Forms -- e.g. Financials -- will stop working if you upgrade to JRE 7.
Java 1.6.0_33 is certified with Oracle E-Business Suite. See this externally-published article:
Java JRE 1.6.0_33 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
Tuesday Jun 12, 2012
Wednesday May 02, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on May 02, 2012
This patch resolves:
1. Bulk loader causing crash on Linux
2. Various PE related issues
3. Simulation with DP shapes. Consecutive simulation run, when DP shapes were introduced, was failed because vector of DP shapes used by engine were not reset between engine runs in simulation mode.
Available at https://support.oracle.com
By JeffG-Oracle on May 02, 2012
Oracle has released 14810986 available ay My Oracle Support, https://support.oracle.com
1. This a re-release. The original patch has been replaced.
2. This is not customer-specific. It is a generic EP_LOAD patch that improves performance for 7.3.1.x installations.
Wednesday Apr 25, 2012
Sunday Apr 15, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Apr 15, 2012
Proceed to document 1448266.1, Demantra Non Invasive Partial Schema Export Utility Extracting Partial Schema Dumps for Analysis. In this document you will find instructions and 2 SQL scripts. Give it a try. If you have a problem, feel free to post to this BLOG or the community located at:
Wednesday Mar 28, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Mar 28, 2012
A USA based company is assessing Demantra Trade Promotion Management (TPM) capability. It appears that SOX
is necessary in their case due to the nature of what TPM does and the necessity for auditability. Do we
have any detail on SOX compliance for Demantra?
SOX compliance with regards to IT:
1. Requires auditing of data changes done by who, what, when
a. Audit trail profiles can be set up for key financial series and view them in audit trail reports
b. One functionality we do not have which typically is asked for is user login history. We have only
active sessions, history is not available.
2. Segregation of duties
a. With respect to TPM, you could have deduction and financial analyst for settlement be different
from promotion creator, promotion approver or sales team.
b. Budget Approver for funds can be different from funds consumer.
c. Promotion creator can be different than promotion approver
d. For a US customer you may have to write some custom scripts to capture promotion status change
and produce an external report as part of compliance.
One additional requirement is transparency of forward commitments entered into with retailers / distributors
for trade spending, promotions. Outside of Demantra - Consumer Goods Trade Funds Analytics.
Thursday Mar 08, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Mar 08, 2012
I am using legacy collection to load product family into Demantra. In the soucre EBS/Value Chain Planning (VCP)
I can see my product family and member in the ASCP plan.
I would like to be able to have product family dimension populated in a Demantra Hierarchy. I have used demhistory
flat file to upload forecasts for my items (members) and I expect to have product family dimension populated.
I started to analyse demantra collection and EP launch, and it seems to me that stagging table T_SRC_ITEM_TMPL is
populated by process "Collect Level Type (2)" or perhaps a subprocess.
The stagging table stores the link between members and product family itself, ebs_product_family_code field, but it
is populated with default value (0).
The profile 'MSD_DEM: Master Org' is used for collecting item -> product family rollups into demantra.
Item to product family rollup needs to be available in ASCP under the master organization specified by the above profile.
This is a source side profile, and cannot be set by hand in case of legacy source. To set the value, you will need to run the
request 'Configure Legacy Profiles' from 'Demand Management System Administrator' responsibility. Parameters for this
request are as follows:
- Legacy Instance
- Master Org
- Category set
After running this, check for records in msd_dem_legacy_setup_params table. Then try running flat file load and verify
product family is populated in t_src_item_tmpl table in demantra schema.
Also the product family members/product family relationship comes from the msc_system_items table for the master organization,
not organization where product family/product members is defined
You can check for a link between members and product family in the master org within msc_system_items and then the product family
should be visible within Demantra.
Monday Feb 27, 2012
By JeffG-Oracle on Feb 27, 2012
Demantra is a Data Base resource intensive application.
- Evident from large implementations
- Large-scale implementations are global solutions across multiple regions or
retailer oriented store-level solutions - Require very large demand data
repositories storing billions of data points.
Common Demantra Performance issues
- Poor worksheet response times
- Longer Batch Engine run times
- Extended Simulation runs
- Prolonged Data loads
- Slow running user updates
These issues can be addressed by appropriate DB setup and tuning activities
This customer has been live on a Demantra VMI implementation and suddenly reported worksheet performance issues.
Sales_Data was ~32M records, non-partitioned
Analyze_Schema was not being run
Did a chained row count after Analyze_Schema – 48%
Recommended Rebuild_schema and worksheet performance improved 60% on average
This is a Demantra DM/PTP/DSM implementation. Just before UAT customer loaded full volume of Sales history,
Promotion and Settlement data and started experiencing serious worksheet performance issues.
MDP_Matrix=1.5M; Sales_Data=30M; Promotion_Data = 22M;
- CBO parameter changes
- Relocating null and empty columns in very large tables at the end of the row
- Sales_Data partitioning
- Reorder of Data by PK
- Worksheet specific Indexes
Performance Improvements reported:
Series Config Changes, 21%
GL Data Trim, 8%
Reorder Data by PK, 32%
Worksheet Cache Refresh, 73%
Monday Nov 14, 2011
By JeffG-Oracle on Nov 14, 2011
Here is a summary for relase 184.108.40.206 install/upgrade/features
- Data Preservation Setting for General Levels
- Deploying Demantra Application Server 10g
- Important upgrade Information
- Known upgrade issues
- Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Installer Issues
- Reviewing / Simulating General Level Data Such as CTO Base Model Demand
- Failure Rate Calculation
- Demantra SSL Client Authentication and Java 6
- CTO functionality does not work in release 220.127.116.11 after upgrading from 7.3.0 using the ‘Platform Upgrade Only’ option.
- User Privileges and Export Worksheet to Excell
- Cookie Attribute Causes Logging Issue in Worksheet
- List of bugs fixed in 18.104.22.168
See the following for details.
- Demantra 22.214.171.124 Install / Upgrade Known Issues, Notes, Guidance, Defects, Workarounds (Doc ID 1370518.1)
- Related Documents For Demantra Version 126.96.36.199 And If Demantra Supports The Required Stacks (Doc ID 1367141.1)
This blog delivers the latest information regarding performance and install/upgrade. Comments welcome
- /Data Load Performance
- /Data Load Specific
- /General Performance
- /Install / Upgrade Performance
- /Performance Diagnostics
- /Worksheet Performance