Portlet Container 1.0 is now available in the new Java Application Platform SDK Update 3 preview release.
By user13334247 on Mar 14, 2007
Portlet Container 1.0 FCS is now available in the new Java Application Platform SDK Update 3 Preview release.
Download the Java Application Platform SDK Update 3 Preview.
The previous release Java Application Platform SDK Update 2 had Portlet Container 1.0 Beta. This has been updated to 1.0 FCS in Java Application Platform SDK Update 3 Preview.
If you are building your portlets for your business needs, you need not use a fully featured commercial grade Portal Server, but can use this lightweight environment for your purposes. You will find that the Portlet Container is easier to get started with and easier to understand.
- Supports all features supported by Portlet Container 1.0 Beta
- Now portlets can be deployed/undeployed using command line or through autodeploy
- Contains some critical bug fixes
- 508 Compliant
- Localized to Chinese and Japanese
Link to resources and docs for Portlet Container 1.0 Component
- Release Notes
- Installation Instructions
- Screencast: Learn how to deploy and test portlets using the Portlet Container
- Article: Understanding the Portlet Container 1.0 Software and Deploying Portlets
Also you are free to use your choice of tools to develop portlets and
test it on the Portlet Container.
Portlet Container is an open source project on https://portlet-container.dev.java.net.
It is subproject of the Portal Project