By B R Clouse-Oracle on Apr 08, 2016
Rapid Home Provisioning is a feature of Grid Infrastructure 12.1 which provisions and manages software homes across a data center. RHP:
• Enables and enforces standardization
• Simplifies provisioning and patching
• Minimizes the impact and risk of maintenance
• Increases automation and reduces touch points
• Supports large scale deployments
The steps to configure a Rapid Home Provisioning Server (the central repository and brains of an RHP ecosystem) are nicely described in MOS note 2097026.1.
But if you're interested in cutting to the chase, check out this new MOS note 2124960.1 which provides a script that will set up your RHP Server with one command. Answer a few questions, and you're up and running.