Monday Jan 07, 2013
By Dave on Jan 07, 2013
As a side note, it seems Vyukov's distributed reader-write lock is similar to the concept of sub-latches and super-latches found in some database implementations.
Dave is a senior research scientist in the Scalable Synchronization Research Group within Oracle Labs : Google Scholar.
- An Inflatable SeqLock
- Mitigating the Java nanoTime coherence hotspot
- Preemption tolerant MCS locks
- Fast Non-intrusive Memory Reclamation for Highly-Concurrent Data Structures
- Transact 2016
- Refined Transactional Lock Elision
- Lock Holder Preemption Avoidance via Transactional Lock Elision
- JNI performance - false sharing on the "-UseMembar" serialization page
- Dekker’s mutual exclusion algorithm made RW-safe
- Evaluating HTM for pauseless garbage collectors in Java