Monday Jan 07, 2013
By Dave on Jan 07, 2013
As a side note, it seems Vyukov's distributed reader-write lock is similar to the concept of sub-latches and super-latches found in some database implementations.
Dave is a senior research scientist in the Scalable Synchronization Research Group within Oracle Labs : Google Scholar.
- The Influence of Malloc Placement on TSX Hardware Transactional Memory
- Locks with LIFO admission order
- waiting policies for locks : spin-then-park
- High-performance N-thread software solutions for mutual exclusion
- Software-based contention management for efficient compare-and-swap operations
- Cohort Locks in ACM TOPC
- Using reader-writer locks to improve hardware TLE
- Blizzard Preparations
- AVIS Frankfurt
- Seen in St. John