By dan.mcclary on Sep 12, 2014
Oracle Big Data SQL and Big Data Appliance 4.0 are generally available.
Big Data Appliance 4.0 receives the following upgrades:
- Big Data SQL: Join data in Hadoop with Oracle Database using Oracle SQL
- New external table types for handling data stored in Hadoop
- Smart Scan for Hadoop to provide fast query performance
- Requires additional license for Big Data SQL
- Requires Exadata Database Machine running DB 18.104.22.168
- Automated recovery from server failure
- This includes migration of master roles to a different server and re-provisioning of a slave node on a server that has been replaced
- NoSQL DB multiple-zone configurations on BDA
- When adding nodes to a NoSQL DB BDA cluster, they can be added to an existing zone or to a new zone.
- Update to using the 12c ODI Agent on BDA clusters
For more information on Big Data SQL, check out: