By Mgubar-Oracle on Jun 20, 2015
Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine 4.2 is now available on OTN. For those of you that are new to the VM - it is a great way to get started with Oracle's big data platform. It has a ton of products installed and configured - including:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.6
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Enterprise Edition (22.214.171.124) - including Oracle Big Data SQL-enabled external tables, Oracle Multitenant, Oracle Advanced Analytics, Oracle OLAP, Oracle Partitioning, Oracle Spatial and Graph, and more.
- Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH5.4.0)
- Cloudera Manager (5.4.0)
- Oracle Big Data Connectors 4.2
- Oracle SQL Connector for HDFS 3.3.0
- Oracle Loader for Hadoop 3.4.0
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop 2.5.0
- Oracle XQuery for Hadoop 4.2.0
- Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition 12cR1 (3.3.4)
- Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph 1.0
- Oracle JDeveloper 12c (12.1.3)
- Oracle SQL Developer and Data Modeler 4.1
- Oracle Data Integrator 12cR1 (12.1.3)
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle R Distribution 3.1.1
- Oracle Perfect Balance 2.4.0
- Oracle CopyToBDA 2.0
Check out our new product - Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph (and don't forget to read the blog post on a small config update you'll need to make to use it). It's a great way to find relationships in data and query and visualize geographic data. Speaking of analysis... Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop now leverages Spark for many of its algorithms for (way) faster processing.
But, that's just a couple of features... download the VM and check it out for yourself :).