Friday Feb 19, 2016
Wednesday Mar 11, 2015
By Mgubar-Oracle on Mar 11, 2015
Oracle Big Data Lite 4.1 VM is now available for download on OTN. Big Data Lite includes many of the key capabilities of Oracle's big data platform. Each of the components have been configure to work together - and there are many hands-on labs and demonstrations to help you get started using the system. Below is a listing of what's included:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Enterprise Edition (184.108.40.206) - including Oracle Big Data SQL-enabled external tables, Oracle Multitenant, Oracle Advanced Analytics, Oracle OLAP, Oracle Partitioning, Oracle Spatial and Graph, and more.
- Cloudera Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH5.3.0)
- Cloudera Manager (5.3.0)
- Oracle Big Data Connectors 4.1
- Oracle SQL Connector for HDFS 3.2.0
- Oracle Loader for Hadoop 3.3.0
- Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop 2.4.1
- Oracle XQuery for Hadoop 4.1.0
- Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition 12cR1 (3.2.5)
- Oracle JDeveloper 12c (12.1.3)
- Oracle SQL Developer and Data Modeler 4.0.3
- Oracle Data Integrator 12cR1 (12.1.3)
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c
- Oracle R Distribution 3.1.1
- Oracle Perfect Balance 2.3.0
- Oracle CopyToBDA 1.1
Wednesday Mar 26, 2014
By Mgubar-Oracle on Mar 26, 2014
Oracle Big Data Appliance Version 2.5 was released last week. Some great new features in this release- including a continued security focus (on-disk encryption and automated configuration of Sentry for data authorization) and updates to Cloudera Distribution of Apache Hadoop and Cloudera Manager.
With each BDA release, we have a new release of Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine. Oracle Big Data Lite provides an integrated environment to help you get started with the Oracle Big Data platform. Many Oracle Big Data platform components have been installed and configured - allowing you to begin using the system right away. The following components are included on Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine v 2.5:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4
- Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Enterprise Edition (220.127.116.11)
- Cloudera’s Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH4.6)
- Cloudera Manager 4.8.2
- Cloudera Enterprise Technology, including:
- Cloudera RTQ (Impala 1.2.3)
- Cloudera RTS (Search 1.2)
- Oracle Big Data Connectors 2.5
- Oracle SQL Connector for HDFS 2.3.0
- Oracle Loader for Hadoop 2.3.1
- Oracle Data Integrator 11g
- Oracle R Advanced Analytics for Hadoop 2.3.1
- Oracle XQuery for Hadoop 2.4.0
- Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition 12cR1 (2.1.54)
- Oracle JDeveloper 11g
- Oracle SQL Developer 4.0
- Oracle Data Integrator 12cR1
- Oracle R Distribution 3.0.1
Go to the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine landing page on OTN to download the latest release.
The data warehouse insider is written by the Oracle product management team and sheds lights on all thing data warehousing and big data.
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Predicate Push Down - Part6.
- SQL Pattern Matching Deep Dive - Part 3, greedy vs. reluctant quantifiers
- Common Distribution Methods in Parallel Execution
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Joins. Bloom Filter and other features - Part5.
- Is an approximate answer just plain wrong?
- Big Data SQL Quick Start. Security - Part4.
- Oracle OpenWorld 2016 call for papers is OPEN!
- SQL Pattern Matching Deep Dive - Part 2, using MATCH_NUMBER() and CLASSIFIER()
- In-Memory Parallel Query
- Data loading into HDFS - Part2. Data movement from the Oracle Database to the HDFS