Oracle Big Data Lite 4.2 was just released - and one of the cool new features is Oracle Spatial and Graph. In order to use this new feature, there is one more configuration step required. Normally, we include everything you need in the VM - but this is a component that we couldn't distribute.
For the Big Data Spatial Image Processing Framework, you will need to install and configure Proj.4 - Cartographic Projections Library. Simply follow these steps:
- Start the Big Data Lite VM and log in as user "oracle"
- Launch firefox and download this tarball (http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.1.tar.gz) to ~/Downloads
- Run the following commands at the linux prompt:
- cd ~/Downloads
- tar -xvf proj-4.9.1.tar.gz
- cd proj-4.9.1
- sudo make install
This will create the libproj.so file in directory /usr/local/lib/. Now that the file has been created, create links to it in the appropriate directories. At the linux prompt:
For Big Data Lite 4.2 - use these steps
- sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libproj.so /u02/oracle-spatial-graph/shareddir/spatial/demo/imageserver/native/libproj.so
- sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libproj.so /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/libproj.so
For releases after Big Data Lite 4.2 - use this step:
- sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libproj.so /opt/oracle/oracle-spatial-graph/spatial/raster/gdal/lib/libproj.so
That's all there is to it. Big Data Lite is now ready for Orace Big Data Spatial and Graph!