The magic of Oracle Exadata explained
By Jean-Pierre Dijcks-Oracle on Mar 24, 2009
Just noticed IOUG is running an interesting web cast on the Exadata storage server internals and the performance characteristics. The speaker is Oracle's Kevin Closson, so you know you are going to get the technical goodies there!
Here is the information:
Oracle Exadata Storage Server Technical Deep Dive. Part I
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT
Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/250073142
Topics will include:
* Brief Technical Architecture Overview
* Understanding Producer/Consumer Data Flow Dynamics
* A “How” and “Why” Comparison of Exadata versus Conventional Storage
* Storage Join Filters
* Any claims that “Exadata is X-Fold Faster than XYZ” in this presentation will be explained.
* Ample time for a question and answer session
Enjoy the show.