Oracle announces the launch of "Quiet" POCs....
By KLaker on Mar 31, 2011
On April 1 2011, Oracle announced the launch of a new initiative called "Quiet POC".
POCs can be an interesting time for customers. Firstly, there are all those sales presentations to sit through where the various sales teams. Next, there is the process of building a data warehouse POC to test the claims of all the vendors taking part. Talking to our customers we have noticed that many are being put under additional strain and pressure by some vendors who continually complain, grumble and moan about anything and everything in the POC where Exadata is included in the data warehouse POC evaluation process.
To help our customers make their life simpler and much quieter Oracle is now offering a new revolutionary solution: Oracle POC noise-cancelling headphones.
These headphones are guaranteed (* see disclaimer) to remove all of those annoying moans, groans, whining and general complaining from all the other vendors sales teams such as the following taken from recent POCs:
With Oracle's new noise cancelling headphones you will now actually be able to enjoy your data warehouse POC - guaranteed.
* Oracle Disclaimers -
1) Oracle only guarantees to block "annoying" levels of background POC noise from vendors sales teams.
2) The headphones have not been tested against extreme levels of annoying background moans and groans from competitor sales teams.
3) All Oracle POC noise-cancelling headphones must be returned to Oracle at the end of the POC
4) Each set of headphones requires one AAA battery which is not included and each battery should last for approx. 40 hours depending on the level moans and groans that need to be screened out. Certain vendors may cause excessive battery usage.
5) Oracle POC noise-cancelling headphones must not be used outside the office.