Data Warehouse Presentations at OpenWorld 2009
By Klaker-Oracle on Jul 16, 2009
The selection process for papers is now complete. This year we have over 30 data warehouse specific presentations. With the amazing success of both Exadata and Database Machine it is not surprising that a large proportion of the DW papers are dedicated to these two new products.
The following DW papers have been selected:
• HP Oracle Database Platform/Exadata SIG Roundtable
• Customer Panel: Oracle Exadata Storage Server and Oracle Database Machine Deployments
• Oracle Database Machine and Oracle Exadata: Best Practices and Customer Considerations
• Demystifying the Oracle Database Platform and Oracle Exadata Storage
• Oracle Exadata: Real-World Customer Implementation
• Next-Generation Oracle Exadata Storage Server and Oracle Database Machine: The Future Is Now
• From Beta Boxes to Business Benefits: Oracle Exadata One Year On
• Technical Deep Dive: Next-Generation Oracle Exadata Storage Server and Oracle Database Machine
• Evaluation of Oracle Exadata for an OLTP and Data Warehouse System, Including Live Tests
• Achieve Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata and the Oracle Database Machine
• Top 10 Lessons Learned Implementing Oracle Exadata Storage Server and Oracle Database Machine
• Extreme Backup and Recovery on the Oracle Database Machine
• Oracle Data Mining 11g: Overview, Demos, Oracle Exadata, and Road Map
• Session Recommendations at Oracle Open World: How Did They Do It?
General Data Warehousing/Database
• Lower Costs with Oracle Database 11g Release 2
• Oracle Database 11g: Performance Innovations
• Implement Best Practices for Extreme Performance with Oracle Data Warehousing
• Extreme Performance with Oracle Database 11g and In-Memory Parallel Execution
• Oracle Database 11g for Data Warehousing
• Save Money, Get Insight Faster with Industry-Specific Data Warehouse "in a Box"
• Oracle Industry Data Model: A Faster and Cheaper "Off the Shelf" Data Warehouse
• An ETL Framework Using Oracle Warehouse Builder
• Case Study: Building a Data Warehouse Cost-Effectively
Information Lifecycle Management
• Implement ILM for Oracle Database and Enable Archiving and Data Protection
• Harnessing Oracle OLAP and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
• Enhancing Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise with Oracle OLAP Cubes
• Budgeting and Planning with Microsoft Excel and Oracle OLAP
• What to Expect from the Oracle Optimizer When Upgrading to Oracle Database 11g
• Oracle Optimizer Roundtable
• Partitioning Your Oracle Data Warehouse: Just a Simple Task?
• Scaling to Infinity: Partitioning Data Warehouses on Oracle Database
• Oracle Database 11g Best Practices for Using Partitioning in HA Environments and VLDBs
• Get the Best Out of Oracle Partitioning by Upgrading to Oracle Database 11g
Dates and times have not yet been allocated to the presentations. As soon as this information is available I will create a shareable calendar on Apple's MobileMe site and a shareable calendar on Google so you can sync the details directly on to your iPhone/iPod/favorite PDA. If I can find somewhere to host the file, I will create a PDF booklet that you can printout (not very environmentally friendly :-( ) or transfer to your Amazon Kindle (very environmentally friendly :-) ) complete with links to all the relevant content. You can then make sure that you do not miss any of the exciting data warehouse presentations at this year’s OpenWorld.
You can view a full list of the presentations selected for this years OpenWorld by clicking here
Any comments or questions just let me know. Look forward to seeing you at this year's OpenWorld.