Big Data - Real and Practical Use Cases: Expand the Data Warehouse
By Jean-Pierre Dijcks on Dec 03, 2013
As a follow-on to the previous post (here) on use cases, follow the link below to a recording that explains how to go about expanding the data warehouse into a big data platform.
The idea behind it all is to cover a best practice on adding to the existing data warehouse and expanding the system (shown in the figure below) to deal with:
- Real-Time ingest and reporting on large volumes of data
- A cost effective strategy to analyze all data across types and at large volumes
- Deliver SQL access and analytics to all data
- Deliver the best query performance to match the business requirements
To access the webcast:
- Register on this page
- Scroll down and find the session labeled "Best practices for expanding the data warehouse with new big data streams"
- Have fun